All reviews comfort hotel cuba st express breakfast great location cq hotel rooms are small mini fridge bars and restaurants cuba mall room rate free wifi tea and coffee comfortable room an easy walk stayed nights te papa cable car
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Spent a weekend getaway for 2. Room was clean and tidy and over looked Cuba St. Staff were super friendly, helpful. Nothing to complain about at all, we had a wonderful weekend and will stay again as it’s the best location

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 152justenes
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear 152justenes,

Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

GM, CQ Hotels Wellington

Reviewed 10 November 2017

THis hotel is a good place to stay. I asked for a quiet room and was well away from the street frontage and elevators/stairs etc. There does seem to be some noise that comes from the plumbing piping but I guess that's unavoidable in an older hotel. Room was small but perfectly comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I left my luggage there and when I collected it they called me a taxi and gave me a guaranteed fare card which was helpful as the taxi driver attempted to charge more :) You can't beat the location .

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear lotusleaf988,

Gracious greetings from Wellington! Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write us a wonderful review! We are pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with us and will continue to strive and excel to meet your expectations. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

GM, CQ Hotels Wellington

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This was a repeat visit and I was happy with my room - clean and adequate space for one. No fridge but UHT milk provided, along with the usual tea and coffee sachets. Old furniture, but the bed was comfortable. Lots of options for eating and entertainment in the area. A bit noisy and night - avoid the rooms facing Cuba Street if you are a light sleeper.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Gavin6114,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the location and facilities of the Hotel. Unfortunately, our location can mean extra noise on occasion. During your next visit I am happy to allocate you a room away from Cuba St, subject to availability. I look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Wellington in the near future.

GM, CQ Hotel Wellington.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

From check in to check out we loved our time at this hotel - we stayed 3 nights. Our room was comfortable, great shower & comfortable bed. Could open windows to let fresh air in & listen to the sounds of the city- the city noises didn't stop us from sleeping! But do be aware it is in the middle of the city. The Express breakfast that was included in our cost was all we required (juice, toast, muffins, crumpets, pastries, croissants, tea, coffee to chose from) & from front desk to dining room to house keeping everyone was helpful, cheerful & professional. Situated right at top of Cuba Mall it is easy to access cafes, restaurants, shops & the local ambience that make the Cuba Mall the wonderful place it is. We will be back. Thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear NZJess,

GM, CQ Hotel Wellington

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Went to see Alice Cooper and stayed here for the night. Very well situated for anything in town really.
On cuba street there are many eateries and shops. This is great on the one hand but makes it noisy on a weekend. Not so bad you can't sleep.
The room itself was clean and smelt of paint. It was on the small side, in as much as the toilet door hit the end of the bed, but for a night or two it would be perfectly fine. Bed was great, best sleep I've had for weeks.
Overall ideal for my purpose.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear shakey999uk,

Sounds like you've had a great stopover in Wellington! I am pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and the facilities and that you felt comfortable and safe. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back home very soon. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

GM, CQ Hotel Wellington