2,379 results
All reviewsgreat locationfeatherston streetcentral locationcable cartwo double bedste papafree wifitsb arenarailway stationbuffet breakfastshort staywould stay againeasy walknew zealandreception stafflambton quaystayed one night
Reviewed 13 November 2017

This hotel is about a ten minute walk from the station - straight up Featherstone St so no problem finding it if you arrive as the sports stadium next to the station is emptying as we did! The taxi driver said we would be quicker walking and we were - and I am definitely not a fan of walking with luggage but it really is only 10 minutes. The location is great and within easy walking distance of the museum, city centre shops and the harbour front. There's also a taxi rank outside. Breakfast was good with a good selection - no complaints there. The Airport Flyer bus (No.91) is a four or five minute walk from the hotel on Lambton Quay so you will save quite a bit on a taxi fare to the Airport - and it only took 20 mins (at 7am in the morning). Room was comfortable but the quilt only filled the quilt cover to the edge of the bed. The rest hanging down the side of the bed was just the cover so it was a bit cold if you rolled onto the edge of the bed! Also the water came out of the bathroom unless you angled the shower head straight down - the shower curtain was a bit short and the floor a bit uneven. The shower was great though - note for management room 502 - sorry forgot to mention it when we checked out.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Minimalist accommodation with all essentials provided: Coffee/tea/ kettle, iron/ironing board/ TV (with movie selections: standard and adult categories)/ great WiFi speed/ alarm clock / easy to reach light switches from beds/air-con/ shower facilities. My bathroom experience had been spoiled to some extent, because a previous guest must have been smoking there - I reported this to management which emphasized their non-smoking policy. (Hence my "Cleanliness" rating as Very Good, instead of Excellent). Breakfast and lunch was available - a bit too expensive for my liking, but this is a very subjective comment. Overall this property is value for money, very recommendable and I have stayed here before, as well as in the Ibis in Brisbane.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I booked and pre-paid for this hotel earlier this year for a 2 nights stay in mid October, but after 1 night I moved to a different hotel as I was so disappointed in the room I was given.(something I have never done before) I have stayed in Ibis hotels in London before and have been very pleased with their standard, but this was very different. Although the bed was quite comfortable the bathroom was extremely cramped and there was a very old, dirty, unlocked metal framed door which led onto an upper floor balcony. Being a single female traveller this did not make me feel safe. Corridors were quite dark and rather like a hostel. Staff in general were pleasant although service in the restaurant wasn't very good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stayed one night during a storm and had a room (712) overlooking the atrium, which meant we didn’t hear a thing and had a great nights sleep. The only negative was the size of the shower. The breakfast at $1 per head, if hotel is booked on the internet was excellent. In addition the location was excellent being close to wharf and Courtney Place restaurants. The overnight parking at $25 is good, but parking outside to arrange this parking under the hotel is impossible.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Here for a conference at shed 6, was easy walking distance to the conference venue. Good breakfast, checkin and out was hassle free. It’s a no frills room, think i had a budge room with a view into another building however it did the trick and was clean. Fair price for the room and the service I couldn’t fault it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business