“Excellent location, good suites and friendly, helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of CityLife Wellington

CityLife Wellington
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
“Excellent location, good suites and friendly, helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I've stayed at the Citylife Wellington a number of times, mainly for business, and keep going back as it is consistently good.

The location is excellent, for business or leisure travellers, as it is in a very central location and within easy walking distance of the all main CBD businesses and tourist attractions.

The rooms/suites are generally of a very high standard with quality fittings and plenty of room. I have had one or two instances of minor problems with rooms, including an air conditioner not working, but nothing significant.

I agree with some of the other reviewers in that there is some variation between room quality - as a regular business traveller I suspect I get favourable treatment when it comes to room choice, so it might pay to request anything specific you are concerned about when booking.

The staff are first class - very polite and helpful - nothing is too much for them.

Overall a very good hotel and I will certainly continue to stay there.

Room Tip: request a room on the 'terrace' side of the building if you are concerned about traffic/stre...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CityLifeWellingtonGM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Paulrproctor,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that you enjoy your stays with us and found the staff first class!

I also would like thank you for your loyalty shown towards Cityife Wellington and for the business you have given us.

I look forward to welcoming you again at CityLife Wellington.

Hotel Manager.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Treated us like royalty! They were wonderful! We stayed in room 606. Nice and quiet, not much of a view but great for those wanting to go out all the time like us!

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Goodoil,

Thank you so much your valuable feedback and your kind words about the service you received here at CityLife Wellington.

I look forward to welcoming you back at CityLife Wellington and treating you like royalty once again :)

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My experience with Wellington accommodation is that it tends to be on the dark and dreary side no matter where you stay.

Citylife Wellington was my best accommodation experience in Wellington so far. As I was familiar with the area we had no trouble finding reception or parking, but I can imagine it would be very difficult for first-timers. On the plus side, detailed maps with pictures and directions are left at the Lambton Quay entrance.

The rooms are spacious, VERY stylishly decorated, and the toiletries provided are of high quality – the only time I have ever been able to say that about hotel accommodation! The staff are all very friendly and very helpful.

The location is excellent. Wellington is a bit of a mess of a city, but the hotel is pretty much located in the middle of everything.

The reception area with tea and coffee facilities is nice, and I appreciated the newspapers. However, in this day and age, when I travel internationally I expect to have free Wi-Fi in my room. If they can manage it in tiny hotels in Ukraine, then they should be able to manage it in New Zealand’s capital city!

On the negative side, something had been spilt both at the front door of our room and also in the master bedroom – there were wet patches on the carpet and a fan drying it out when we checked in. I suspect it was something that was smashed, as on our first night there I got a piece of glass in my foot from a carpet that obviously hadn’t been vacuumed properly!

Our room was exceptionally dark. Even with all the lights on I needed my ebook reader’s light to read in the lounge area! It is also impossible – if you’re female – to do makeup in the poor lighting!

Our other complaint was the cleaning lady who walked straight into our room without knocking at 9am. I don’t believe it’s normal to barge in on people before checkout time, and it was especially unappreciated as we’d slept in as we had only arrived the night before!

We would probably stay again, but wish something could be done about the darkness!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear SAusN,

Thank you for posting your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to read that CityLife Wellington was your best accommodation experience so far and you found the location excellent & staff very friendly.

I also would like to sincerely apologise for the inconsistent service you received on your stay.

I am also pleased to inform you that we are in the process of changing the light fittings to enhance the brightness in our rooms.

Once again, thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feedback and I look forward in welcoming you back at CityLife Wellington.

Timaru, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Plush quiet room at a hotel that opens to downtown Lampton Quay.
Bed very comfy.Nice touch with the chocolate on the pillow. Room very warm. Bathroom great size with a fantastic shower. Excellent water pressure. Staff very helpful at check in.
Sadly no onsite restaurant. Heritage chain (Citylife part of this), have lovely restaurants in other cities so was looking forward to sampling here. Small meeting area for breakfast/late afternoon drinks in foyer which I felt was a bit exposed. TV in room was very small for size of room, Ridiculously hard to find if driving, as entrance foyer not on main street but up some back streetsd with minimal parking and no turn around are. Despite this it was a super stay and definitely would go back!! Love that it is so central

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear dibbydoo,

Thank you for posting such a lovely feedback on TripAdvisor!

It is great to learn that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We look forward in welcoming you back at CityLife Wellington where you can once again enjoy the sheer luxury.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

This hotel is superb. Located just metres from the cable car, the appointments were truly luxurious. The fully equipped kitchen, full-sized dining table, comfortable lounge area, huge bedroom and excellent bathroom made our three-night stay totally comfortable. The included breakfast gave us a great start to the days of exploring a very wet and windy city in early January. Staff were superb.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Joan A,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. I trust you enjoyed your time in NZ.

It is pleasing you learn that you enjoyed your stay with us (except the weather!) and found our location very central & the rooms well appointed. We take great pride in our service and I was delighted to read that you found the staff superb!

It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again when you next visit NZ.