2,198 results
All reviewslambton quayaccor membercable carvalet parkingdirect accessthe main shopping streetcentral locationgood sizebreakfast was includedfree wifihotel restaurantnew zealandper nightcomfortable hotelquiet roomcomfortable staybotanical gardens
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Another disappointing stay at a Novotel hotel. It seems that lately, the guys at what used to be a fine chain with a consistent quality service, fail to deliver on their main objective: hospitality. After a smooth check-in I was directed to a cranky lift that took my to a level 9 room. My room was ok, but without the usual curtesy bottle of water that I get as a silver Accor. Instead, I had a note asking me to call reception for a “special treat”. I did as I was asked, and some 30 min later a delivery of poorly taste chocolate cake was sent to my room. No sign of water, or of a working internet connection. I had to go down to reception to ask them to fix the problem, but they insisted that there was no problem. Sure enough, when I went back to the room all communications were down, including wifi and the tv. Another call resulted in reception restating all the network, and at 10pm I was finally able to connect to the world.
The shower was ok, but the towels were tiny and smelled bed. After a fairly good night sleep I went downstairs to have some breakfast. In line with my previous experiences at Novotel, the selection of food was decent, but none of the dishes had any taste. The next morning I decided to go outside to have breakfast at a café.
While I was out for business, my room, again – as happened during most of my recent stays with Novotel, wasn’t sorted or cleaned. At 8pm I called reception and asked for some fresh towels etc, and was assured that they will be brought upstairs immediately. I’m still waiting for these towels.
Excellent location, and decent service. But I had enough with this lack of attention to details and poor housekeeping.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Np-ln
NovotelWellington, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Hi Np-ln, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay, it is disappointed to read that we did not live up to the high expectations we set for ourselves here at Novotel Wellington, as an accor member your feedback is extremely valuable. Please email at h3276-fo1@accor.com if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Right in the heart of Wellington close to business restaurants and shops. Service is top notch staff could not do enough for you. Breakfast is fantastic plenty of choice and fresh. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
NovotelWellington, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hi Ian, Thank you for the review, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We stayed here for our girlie weekend recently, we have stayed here for the same reason a couple of years ago. Nice clean rooms, sadly they don't provide slippers, this would be an added touch, the beds are super comfortable if you like a soft bed. Staff were very welcoming and went out of their way to make our stay very easy. The location of the hotel makes for easy walking to the waterfront and all the necessary shopping places that a girl could want. Breakfast could be improved, for a four star hotel the options were very basic and not very international. The coffee that comes with the breakfast (out of a machine that is self-serve is not good).

Room Tip: Room 816 and guess 916 has ocean views
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Hi kiwikessler, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we appreciate your feedback and will take your comments regarding the breakfast on board.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms clean and the beds comfortable. The location was central and had elevator access to Lambton Quay, which made for easy access to shopping,eating and a stroll along the waterfront .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelWellington, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hi Sand809, Thank you for the feedback, i am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Upon arrival we would have liked more information from the reception staff as they didn't tell us where we could park etc; as this was a city centre, parking is at a premium.. After lugging our bags around and then returning to reception we were informed about the 24/7 parking next door ... not the best start to our stay !
The hotel room was spacious with great views across the city, the room was clean and ideal. It is in a good location for the city centre and we would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi msw-ourtrips, Thank you for the review, I am sorry that there was a lack of information on check-in regarding the parking, I will work with the Front Office team to prevent this from happening in the future.