All reviewswellington hospitalacross the roadrestaurants and cafesgreat locationcar parkingunitsupermarketreceptionistluggage
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Ascot is conveniently situated opposite Wellington Hospital which meant I could visit my niece daily. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are immaculate and have all the comforts of home.
I can't remember the exact date I traveled. It was mid 2015 I think.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank yvieangle
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

We arrived on a late night flight and didn't make it to the motel until around 1am.
The managers had left the room unlocked for us and provided directions to the room location.

The high chair we had booked was already in the room.

We stayed in a two bedroom room which was nice and spacious. All rooms were clean and in good condition.

The cleaning staff wee saw around the grounds were friendly and polite as were the reception staff on check out.

Would happily stay again and recommend to others.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Aims79
Reviewed 11 May 2016

The motel was adequate for our needs , being clean is my main requisite and Peter ( I think his name was ) was friendly and helpful when we were looking for places to eat out in the evenings. Would go back for sure.

Room Tip: Ground floor as well as top floor
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DenAli2016
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Ascot Motor Lodge....convenient, opposite Wellington Hospital with public transport a few metres away and a warm and welcoming operators and staff

If you're looking for comfortable rooms with full kitchen and all the amenities try Ascot Motor Lodge....I ve stayed twice and been impressed both times with the efficiency, kindness and comfort of rooms with all you need in terms of a full kitchen and down the road from restaurants and cafes and a large Countdown supermarket and bus stops which boast one of the best services in Welington.
Sophie a highly efficient and warm receptionist and extremely helpful !!

Room Tip: The duplex rooms are great with two tv's one in the spacious lounge and bedroom.....
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Pro:
Clean and airy. Friendly and efficient staff. Great breakfast. handy to hospital if that matters. Public transport to town at the gate. Lots of power points. Good bed.
Cons. worst pillows I have come across. I had a split level unit. Stairs would be a challenge if you less than fully mobile. You have to "dance" around the bathroom/toilet door. No air-con so on a hot day it's really hot upstairs. Bedroom TV should be in a museum. Uncomfortable furniture down stair, bed room furniture at it's use-by date.

Room Tip: Get a single level unit
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank NZMike57