Ways to Experience Xplor Tours
from US$ 74.19
from US$ 189.25
from US$ 196.81
More Info
All reviews city tour hokey pokey wine tasting fabulous tour small group half day tour new zealand cable car richard sights knowledge wineries cruise nz ship information heaps
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We were picked up by Richard at the Wellington I site and were immediately made to feel very welcome. There were only four of us on the tour and the whole trip was done with enthusiasm and in a very unrushed way. The day was rainy and very windy, but nothing stopped us from seeing many sights in and around Wellington. We really enjoyed Richard’s commentary and his obvious sense of humour and fun! We would definitely recommend anyone wanting an exciting and fun tour of this city to go with the best guide ever......Richard of Xplor tours. We’d give him a huge, loud WOW!!!!
Carolyn and Larry from Canada

Date of experience: February 2018
Richard B, Owner at Xplor Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Hi Carolyn and Larry.

I really enjoyed taking you around Wellington and we did have a bit of fun. Carolyn you were very good at the WOWs.

Thank you very much for your review it is really appreciated.

All the best.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Richard, our local guide, is very well organized and had a sense of humour. He took us to interesting places, even spent time in picking suitable clothes to dress us up( 100 years ago fashion) in the Cable Car Museum, then took photos for us.
Richard had huge knowledge of New Zealand, particularly Wellington, we learnt a lot about the history of the place.
We had a fantastic time with him. We highly recommend Xplor Tour to anyone who travels in Wellington.
George

Date of experience: January 2018
Richard B, Owner at Xplor Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

George thank you very much for your review.

I enjoyed showing you and Loran my lovely little city. I still cannot believe how young you look.
I hope that the rest of your holiday was enjoyable.

Once again thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Our second time in Wellington we had a great day saw new sights. Because Richard is a local guide his explanation of what we saw was great and his humour just made the day for us, especially finishing the tour with a hockey poky ice cream and taking us back to our cruise ship in time.

1  Thank oz12017
Richard B, Owner at Xplor Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Emilio and Nicola thank you for your review. I really appreciate it.

I enjoyed taking you around Wellington and having fun. For some reason I felt a certain bond with you Emilio and I sensed this when I said good bye to you at the cruise ship terminal.

Once again thank you very much for the review.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Had a fantastic time on the XPLOR wine tour to Martinborough with some friends visiting NZ. The wine was great but what we all remember the most was our wonderful host Richard. He was welcoming, knowledgable and kept as all well entertained through out with his great sense of humour.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank NathanSMM

Nathan thank you very much for your review.

I enjoyed taking you and your friends around Wellington and Martinborough.

Once again thank you.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We certainly learnt a lot about Wellington, and surrounds! my Wife rounds it up by her WOW statement. I learnt that Kate Shepherd wasn't the first Woman to introduce sheep to New Zealand! (sic)
There must have been a stone shortage at one time in NZ, as they built a huge building out of wood, and painted it to look like stone?
All jokes aside, the comradery we had with Richard was exceptional, and a great time was had by all. - Ray & Denise Keenan
We'd certainly recommend this tour to anyone and most certainly to those cruising, as Richard dropped us off at the Ship.

1  Thank 569raymondk

Ray and Denise I have just recovered from our tour. My throat and chess is okay again after all the laughing we did on the tour.

Denise you are the WOW! queen.

Thank you very much for the review it is really appreciated.

All the best for the rest of your holiday.