Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM

from US$ 170.78
from US$ 66.80
from US$ 91.09
2,958 results
All reviews behind the scenes special effects wings movie props mini museum movie making cave tour combo tour movie fan chain mail king kong gift shop film industry richard taylor lotr fans cool stuff minute tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2021

I went on a tour while I was on a camp in Wellington and it was such an amazing experience and it made me have a wow reaction as it is amazing on how many movies they did and they made a costume for a Netflix movie called I am mother and it’s amazing . I highly recommend you go for a tour.
While I was there I bought myself a jumper and a travel mug.

Reviewed 20 January 2021

Attended this tour as part of the Rover LOTR full day tour. Dan was our friendly and knowledgeable guide. Clearly passionate about the business and his role and kept young children to adults alike doing the right things and well engaged. Great to see a glimpse of how the props etc come together. The opportunity to take photos of a few characters was great.

Reviewed 20 January 2021 via mobile

Took the double tour, about 2hrs. A passionate and informative guide, thanks Ben. Learning the behind scenes of how to was interesting, holding variety of props. Amazed at how many of the movies Weta have been involved in...230plus. The 2nd part if Thunderbird tour was a blast for the past and seeing the 'actual' miniature sets used was very cool. 16yr old son thought it was amazing. A lot of Lord of Rings items but also a lot more. Worth the money, updated tour from a few years ago so that was good

Reviewed 8 January 2021

Loved going here - lots of cool things to see and good information. Well worth the admission fee. I send all my visitors there. Brilliant.

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

Great place to look around and have fun! As a huge LOTR fan I loved every second of this but as many other reviews have stated, you do not need to be a LOTR fan to enjoy these tours. The movie magic is amazing and we all learnt a lot, weta have done so many movies it’s relatable for everyone! Our tour guide - Dan (lovely bloke from Northern Ireland) really made the day special, he was funny, friendly and extremely approachable/knowledgable! Would recommend.