All reviews wellington hospital countdown supermarket spa bath main hospital great hosts stayed here great location kitchen facilities flat screen tv comfortable beds city centre off street parking nice stay within walking distance car park handy location a great place to stay
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night when we traveled down for mu daughters 21st. Rooms are very spacious, good location and rooms are very quiet.
Lots of options for food etc within walking distance and just a $10-$12 Uber ride from Lambton Quay.
We found it much more affordable staying here than in the CBD with no minimum nights required over the busy WOW weekend.
Rooms are clean, very comfy beds and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
Friendly welcoming hosts.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We (2 adults, 2 teenagers) are staying here for two nights while travelling NZ from Australia.

Our 2 bedroom apartment is spacious and clean, as is the bathroom, which includes a spa bath. Kitchen facilities allow for self-catering, and laundry facilities are available to use for only $5 (we have clean clothes again!). Wifi is also provided (great for the teenagers).

Located opposite Wellington Hospital and close to shops and public transport, Southgate has been ideal for us. While we have a rental car, we haven't used it since we arrived as Supermarkets are within walking distance as is the bus stop. We caught the bus into the main part of the city today for $22 return (for the 4 of us - much cheaper than NSW public transport).

I would recommend Southgate as a great place to stay

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Stay here while having to work over the road at Hospital. Was allocated a nice unit with twin bedrooms. Unit was large with a Spa bath and reasonably modern.

No Air Con - heating was supplied by a fan heater. Flat screen TV smallish.

Over all a nice stay

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I stay at the Southgate monthly whilst having medical treatment in the Hutt and have done so for nearly two years. It is in a great location with several ethnic eating places nearby. I cannot fault this motel. David and Natalie are great hosts and always most obliging. I normally stay in a downstairs unit which is large and the beds are very comfortable. I know there is an internal lift as have on some occassions stayed upstairs.

Room tip: I prefer the unit facing the road. Sunny in the morning
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Just a quick one night stay in Wellington to visit family. Arrived at the Motel at approx 4pm, on a cold typically rubbish Wellington day. Fired the heater up but it didn't want to work, called reception and they quickly replaced the heater(a perfect working one this time).

Went to have a shower to find 3 used bars of motel soap in the shower. Found an open packet of cranberry nuts mix floating around in the room. (I checked, ithere definitely wasn't a mini bar). Wife was having a shower with said used motel soap.(She used a new bar, she didn't feel like sharing). Got past sharing the shower and went to jump into bed... pulled back the covers to find someones beanie in the bed, and some questionable looking straggly bits of fake hair(faux fur??) and a few other odds and sods that lead us to believe the bed wasn't quite as pure and virginal as one would hope. Anyhow, it was getting late by this stage, so I left it until the morning and told reception on check out.

The first question I was asked was had the room been cleaned? I'm sorry but that isn't my question to answer. To be fair the room may or may not have been cleaned, but I can assure you the shower and the bed sure as hell hadn't been.

I was then told that the people at reception had been away and had just come back the day before, and thanks for letting them know.

We have stayed there previously with no complaints, but I can assure anyone who cares we won't be back, nor will our family who are regular stayers when visiting family in Wellington. Thanks for a completely unforgettable stay. Was awesome.

Room tip: Check the bed for leftover clothing from the last guests.
Date of stay: August 2017