“Best Indian food in Wellington”

Delhi 7 Indian Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #239 of 1,070 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Delhi 7 is an unpretentious neighborhood Indian restaurant with easily the best Indian food I've had in Wellington. The food is always cooked to perfection and unlike other restaurants not swimming in ghee. It's also very well priced.

The staff are friendly, polite, and welcoming. Really hard to beat Delhi 7.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

We have been to Delhi 7 a few times for mid week dinner. The welcome is always warm and the quality of the food very reliable and satisfying. Nothing flash, but also everything you need. Reasonably priced and great service.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I eat here often-Its my local and I’m making it my personal mission to try everything at least once. To date I have about 30 favourites! I have yet to try anything I don’t like. The staff are very friendly and the service is good. Wine and beer list is adequate but not extensive. Good range for vegetarians.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

My family and I have been coming as often as we can ever since our first visit! Hands down the best Indian we have tried in particular the lamb saagwala and the prawn malabari are something special. Likely the best and most polite and personal service you will receive anywhere - definitely a restaurant we will continue to support and recommend!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Locals recommended it and now I do too. Interesting variations on the usual Indian. Nice use of home made curd and very generous served. Only draw back was it clearly caters for local palates and medium was flavoursome but lack any kick. The spices were generous and balanced so it’s a small drawback!