“First time”

Cafe Anatolia Tauranga
Ranked #275 of 428 Restaurants in Tauranga
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 12
Description: Simple, Healthy & Authentic Turkish Cuisine. We mix quality ingredients, use locally grown fresh produce, meat and poultry with fine-tuned culinary arts to bring you our delicious mouth-watering dishes.
Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

Chicken Iskender is the best I have tried in Tauranga. Generous size and great value for money. Service was quick and staff friendly with a smile. Will be a repeat customer.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed 3 September 2020 via mobile

I ordered my food through Uber Eats. A chicken kebab and bread with dip. UE charges a maximum of 30%, Cafe Anatolia adds 45%, so they are definitely price gouging. Food itself tastes quite nice.

Date of visit: August 2020
LightPacker816751, Manager at Cafe Anatolia Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your feedback. The claim of price gouging both factually and mathematically wrong.

The commission rate is up to 33%. A Small Kebab at UberEats is sold at $15.00 which at your 30% rate, 15 x 70%= $10.50. At the store, a Small Kebab is sold at $11.50. Please note all pricing inclusive of 15% GST.

We provide healthy and good quality food at a great value. We always welcome customer feedback but also believe that fairness is deserved as a token of encouragement during this difficult time for small businesses.

Reviewed 17 July 2020

What an absolute load of crap. Let’s start with ordering, 4 times I had to repeat my name. I went from Sam, John to god knows what else before I had to spell the relatively simple word Sean. 3 of us came tonight for mezze and kebabs. I ordered a double mezze platter, small chicken kebab, large lamb kebab and lamb salad. Where do I begin? The mezze platter consisted of something that resembled bread, a mixture of dried out dips and 6 falafel that looked like road kill, no dolmas as advertised but still charged full whack. The large lamb kebab was indeed large, great if you’re vegetarian because I had to send the search party out to find the lamb. After several frustration minutes of searching, scraping the paper of the bread (it was firmly stuck) I found a very small offering that would only be considered rationing portion size.
All the 3 plates were left half finished, the only empty thing was my wallet from the $73.00 bill. Very disappointed and certainly won’t be back. The two kebab shops in the CBD leave this place in their wake. STAY WELL CLEAR. Plus 1 star is too high a rating

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank SeanW2785
Reviewed 7 May 2020

First time customer and very satisfied with my purchase, I ordered a Lamb on rice dish with salad deliver through uber eats, the dish was fresh and very tasty and big portions for its price, will definitely recommend and will be buying again, Thank you.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 2 May 2020

Really fancied trying this place for ages so when better than level 3 takeaways. Its delicious. So much nicer than the so called top rated one in tauranga. Lovely fresh bread and salads. Will definitely be back. Thanks

Date of visit: May 2020