All reviews games room table tennis rooms are spotlessly clean room apartment sky tv heat pump electric blankets spa pool family unit friendly owners really enjoyed our stay here longer stay water pressure min drive excellent hosts close to town two night stay
Reviewed 16 January 2017

My family and I stopped in at Taupo at for a last minute trip during a busy time and were very pleasantly surprised by this gem of a motel. We loved the Retro style and everything was exceptionally clean and spotless-an absolute must! 52 on Rifle was also only a quick walk into town or the lake, so we would leave our car outside the unit. We only stayed 2 nights but next time we will definately stay longer!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Tania D, Manager at 52 on Rifle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thank you so much for your great feedback, so pleased you enjoyed our little Retro Motel. Kind regards Tania

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with 12 family members in 3 units (rooms 1,2 &3). Great place. Private yard for us with picnic tables. Pool and games room. Units are clean and well equipped with great beds and pillows. I would stay again and recommend to family groups. Staff are super helpful too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Tania D, Manager at 52 on Rifle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Hi Bristow Family, Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we are so pleased you had a great stay with us. Hope to see you all again, Kind Regards Tania and Mike

Reviewed 9 January 2017

What a nice spot. Mike was so kind to accept our booking at the very last minute and even accommodated out big giant pooch! Everyone was very friendly and helpful and Mike even pointed me in the direction of a secret trout fishing hole. Rooms were spacious, clean and well-equipped. Would gladly stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Brendan, Thanks for your awesome feedback! Look forward to you staying again, Kind Regards Tania And Mike

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

From the moment I drove in to Taupo I've been in love! This motel is clean, maintained, modern and fresh! The lady on the front desk (I'm sorry I didn't get her name) was very sweet, giving us ideas of things to do and where to go. Only bad thing is I'm only here for one night. Next time I come to Taupo, I will definitely be staying at this motel again!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful feedback Rebecca, so pleased you enjoyed your stay. See you again, Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here, so much that we extended it. The rooms are modern, comfortable and well equipped. There's a pool, jacuzzi, billiards table etc. and the motel is well located like 2 mins from the lake by car. The owners were very friendly and helpful at all times! The only minus is that one joins the wifi using tickets that last only 200MBS, so we had to get like 20 papers to be able to send pictures to our family, etc. I noticed many motels use this system, please just switch to normal wifi! :)

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Tania D, Manager at 52 on Rifle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Hi Lorena, So glad you all had a wonderful stay with us. Yes that wifi is a pain, I have been looking into changing it. Hope you have a wonderful time on the rest of your travels! Kind Regards Tania