All reviewsmillennium hotelheated poolbedroom unitlakeside apartmentprivate spagames roomsmall kitchenettegreat facilitiestwo nightsnight stayfantastic stayshort driveview of the lakelakefrontduckspoolsidetennis
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Just back from two nights here. The pool is lovely and heated for cold Taupo days. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Lovely location right on the lake.
But unfortunately the rooms really let this place down. The heat pumps don't work properly so the unit is quite cold and the single beds are not singles (more like 3/4 of a single!!) so not at all good to sleep in.
The pool light shone like a floodlight into our room so it was like sleeping in the middle of the day! Even with curtains drawn. They did turn it off when I asked them to the first night, but it needs to be on a timer and turn off when the pool closes at 10.
The floors creaked in every room which is very annoying.
I did advise the hotel of all of the issues and we were compensated to our satisfication, but unfortunately I wouldn't return or recommend this place until they sort all the issues.
We had a 2 bedroom unit overlooking the pool.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I always find the staff at the Oasis helpful and the room is always well serviced. The location is right on the lake front so if you want to wake up to a view across the lake it is yours. At this time of year though we like to be poolside. The pool was 38 degrees. Fantastic! We had three swims a day and lovely walks around the lake front. We like to provide our own breakfast and have cups of tea in our room so the dish draw was well used. My only negative is the unit we had this time (318 I think) could have done with better lighting in the bedroom.

Room Tip: We had a road side unit this time but noise was not a problem: because of the ring road.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hardworkingteacher
Reviewed 18 July 2017

DO NOT STAY HERE! The kitchen was infested with ants and it was the middle of winter. We had to throw out $50.00 worth of food. The response was that this is a normal problem they have. The rooms where freezing and outdated. Access from the carpark to the rooms was a pain. The only decent thing was the pool and being able to access the facilities at the Millenium. With a plethora of accomodation options in Taupo, my advice is keep looking, spend your money elsewhere, as you can get premium quality, modern accomodation elsewhere for the same price, if not cheaper! We will be telling everyone we know not to go there!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

A nice property tucked away in a comfortable location. Small rooms and the spring beds are super rocking and definitely not a comfortable bed to sleep. The receptionist is very friendly and helpful. A cozy place for a night. Small but decent kitchen. A lovely small hot water swimming pool helps tired travellers

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed a night at the oasis beach resort had a lake view and was lovely. Even though it rained the view was lovely of the lake and the kids loved the ducks outside the room.
The pool was a bit deep for my 8 year old but he had a blast in the spa and the pool. It was super warm for a swim during winter.
The room was nice took a while to heat up but once heated was warm all night. Powerfull shower, beds were so comfy but the ants weren't nice in the kitchen. Next time I'll take the rubbish to the out door bins.
I would stay again as it was a really nice stay.