“Another wonderful stay at this motel. Aso had the continental breakfast, excellent value.”

Chantilly's Lake Taupo
Ranked #18 of 69 Hotels in Taupo
Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Had a spa unit, booked at short notice. Always lovely staying here, friendly staff and know their town and facilities.
Units always spik and span, we have stayed here intermittingly over a number of years and never disappointed.
Within easy walking distance of town

Room Tip: Ask for a spa unit
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 December 2016

we checked in, a party of 4 (2 couples) we were greeted by Bruce the proprietor as it was his turn on the day of the staff Christmas barbecue. We were shown to our adjoining rooms presented with our milk and shown how all of the appliances work, heating, TV with a zillion channels. The room is big with generous windows allowing a fabulous view over he Lake and access to a small deck. It was hazy so we did ot see the mountains, but from experience I know that it is spectacular on a clear day. The road runs past the lake view side but that was not a problem for us as the traffic was light and in the main quiet

Room Tip: if you are sensitive to noise ask for a room facing the central space. Otherwise the roadside rooms...
1 Thank Roger H
Picton, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 December 2016

The host was super-friendly and helpful. We didn't use the facilities apart from our room due to our late arrival but it all looked great! Our room was a nice size and fairly well equipped. Good location. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed R
Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 December 2016

Chantilly's is great. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and nothing seemed to be a problem(I asked for a late checkout). The owners were very helpful and courteous and the room was great. It had a wonderful double spa bath and the most comfortable bed that both my wife and I have slept on in a motel room for years (We are regular Motel users around NZ). The view was good but not great as it was several streets away from the lake front but we could still see that wonderful lake Taupo from our balcony. The facilities were at a very high standard and if I didn't know better I would have expected to pay a lot more for this room than we did. It had all the usual amenities but they were all in perfect condition and very very clean. We stayed for two nights and on the morning of the 2nd day I left some dishes to do when we returned, not only were the dishes done for us but the entire room had a make over which I didn't expect to happen because of the duration of our stay. The rooms are quiet and very spacious. I would rate this motel as one of the best I have stayed at in Taupo and like I have already said I stay in a lot of them. I ordered a cooked breakfast on the 2nd morning and I struggled to get through it as it was plentiful and very well presented and cooked.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 31 on the top floor but I spied a larger room in the corner which looked very nice
1 Thank Tuwhare
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

I tend to accompany my partner when he travels to Taupo for work. And I am so glad I do as the first thing I get excited for is my experience at this wonderful place.

With an amazing layout there is plenty of parking. The reception team and management are always more than welcoming and willing to help whenever you need.

The rooms themselves are just spectacular with the ones my partner and I have had the privilege of staying in - including a spa bath in the lounge! What a treat.

Sky tv - plenty of wifi - amazing views and great service - I would never be tempted to stay anywhere else be it business or leisure - chantilly's is one of my favorite accommodations thus far.

Stayed November 2016, travelled on business