“A wonderful mini break”

Chantilly's Lake Taupo
Ranked #20 of 68 Hotels in Taupo
Reviewed 15 December 2016

Chantilly's is great. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and nothing seemed to be a problem(I asked for a late checkout). The owners were very helpful and courteous and the room was great. It had a wonderful double spa bath and the most comfortable bed that both my wife and I have slept on in a motel room for years (We are regular Motel users around NZ). The view was good but not great as it was several streets away from the lake front but we could still see that wonderful lake Taupo from our balcony. The facilities were at a very high standard and if I didn't know better I would have expected to pay a lot more for this room than we did. It had all the usual amenities but they were all in perfect condition and very very clean. We stayed for two nights and on the morning of the 2nd day I left some dishes to do when we returned, not only were the dishes done for us but the entire room had a make over which I didn't expect to happen because of the duration of our stay. The rooms are quiet and very spacious. I would rate this motel as one of the best I have stayed at in Taupo and like I have already said I stay in a lot of them. I ordered a cooked breakfast on the 2nd morning and I struggled to get through it as it was plentiful and very well presented and cooked.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 31 on the top floor but I spied a larger room in the corner which looked very nice
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tuwhare

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

I tend to accompany my partner when he travels to Taupo for work. And I am so glad I do as the first thing I get excited for is my experience at this wonderful place.

With an amazing layout there is plenty of parking. The reception team and management are always more than welcoming and willing to help whenever you need.

The rooms themselves are just spectacular with the ones my partner and I have had the privilege of staying in - including a spa bath in the lounge! What a treat.

Sky tv - plenty of wifi - amazing views and great service - I would never be tempted to stay anywhere else be it business or leisure - chantilly's is one of my favorite accommodations thus far.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Natasha W
Reviewed 6 November 2016

A group of us car enthusiasts booked in here. Wow, I was impressed. Car parking private and off street. Rooms first rate, quality fixtures and fittings. Everything clean and shipshape. A credit to the owners. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ngatimaumau
Reviewed 3 October 2016

I booked two rooms here for a night and it was a great choice. Friendly reception on arrival with helpful advice was really appreciated. We had a couple of questions about operating hours and the manager quickly looked up websites for us and offered advice. Great service.

Both rooms (9 and 29) were clean and comfortable and the upper room even had a view of the lake. Not normally a fan of a big bath in the main room - as I was alone I do admit I enjoyed a long hot soak before bed. Even though the property was completely full, noise was not an issue and even a light sleeper like me slept the whole night.

This was my first stay here, but will definitely put it at the top of the list for my next visit.

Room Tip: A room on the upper floor overlooking the lake is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Bruce and Deborah are so welcoming and friendly,nothing's a problem to them,
The room as very clean and tidy,with a nice tiny little balcony to sit and watch the sun go down.
Excellent motel for short or long stay throughly enjoyed staying there and will most definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family