All reviews edgewater restaurant grotto spa first floor the ground floor overlooking the lake lakeside location new zealand swimming pool black swans junior suite lovely room upstairs room buffet breakfast glass of wine walk into town stayed here for one night stayed longer
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Was disappointed in my stay here especially for 300dollars a night. The shower was overly too small, there was no shade on the balcony as it was extremely sunny. Had a breakfast buffet bacon was over cooked sausages were cold and there were 2staff members made us uncomfortable with constantly watching us eat. For the price is abit extreme as walking distance to town centre is Farr.

Room tip: Umbrella or shade out on the
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Great location just the right distance from town, sunset was spectacular. We had a ground floor room on the lake with was great. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at the Millennium again.

Room tip: Room was well appointed, clean and loved being on the ground floor so close to the lake
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Freedom34935061246
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Drink in hand, just back from the pool, sitting on the balcony, watching the sun setting on the Lake. Then off to dinner downstairs. Service excellent, place is clean and relaxing. I'd recommend this place in a heartbeat.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Though a relatively small and old hotel, MHRMT offered great comforts and cleanliness. It was obvious they had recently upgraded the rooms. Their beds were super comfortable and the view of Lake Taupo was to die for, as we were literally on the edge of the Lake. A jogging track at your door step takes you the stretch of town.

Breakfast was generous and delicious. The bar was energetic and interesting on a Fri night. And the reception staff, especially Karen, made you feel really welcome. It was like we knew her forever - BFF.

There was adequate, safe car-parks on site. Though they only have 1 lift to take you to the upper floor. But it was only required for our bags.

I feel the MHRMT is worthy of carrying the Millennium Brand.

Room tip: The entire hotel was great,but we preferred the upper floor, for (in my mind) a slightly better view. They all face Lake Taupo.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Firstly there are more positives than negatives. We had a Lakeview room, which is a must, the view is stunning, the room decor was very tasteful and to a high standard, amenities within the room very sufficient. The hotel has a bar lounge and two restaurants, all looked beautiful and relaxing. It also has a heated pool, which is a nice 36 degrees, it just doesn't feel very private, you can book a spa which is private, and for some reason they call it a grotto?? For me the bathroom did not match the rest. It looked more like something from a basic motel, so I found that a little disappointing. We also found the breakfast a bit disappointing. You could either have a cooked or a continental, and there was only a $4 price difference, it seemed silly not to do a single price to cover all options, any other hotel I have visited, which is not that many, but it covers all options. So I didn't want a cooked so had the continental, whilst my partner had the cooked, which means couldn't have any fruit, the continental had very few options, four cereals, some pastries and fruit. Coffee was served for you, not help yourself and whilst normally the staff are there to serve etc, I kinda felt like we were being watched, could be because there actually weren't many guests having breakfast.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, but I don't think I would stay here again as not as good a value as it could be.

Room tip: Lakeview rooms a must.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple