“Attention to Detail where you REALLY want it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

15000ft Tandem Skydiving in Taupo
Ranked #1 of 52 Outdoor Activities in Taupo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydive with TTS, New Zealand's original drop zone! With coast to coast views from 15,000 ft, free local pick up in our stretch Hummer and NZ's biggest range of camera options, your jump with us will be unforgettable! Choose between 12,000 ft and 15,000 ft, Freefall and Handycam footage and receive it all in HD on one of our free USBs! Qualmarked since 2004, your safety is our number one priority.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Attention to Detail where you REALLY want it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I made my husband wait to do this activity until our three sons were grown - but had I known of Taupo Tandem Skydiving I'd have let him do it sooner!! They look after everybody here - even the nervous-nelly non-jumping spouse. I've been a US Travel Agent for 32 years and was very impressed with the whole outfit, from the focus on safety to the gentle comic-relief humor. A special "shout out" to Jenna, who walked us through the entire process with such kindness and grace. If you've been waiting - DON'T!!!!!!! And consider the upgrade to include a videographer - we love showing the experience to friends at home.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Wanderlove
TaupoTandemSkydiving, Director of Sales at Taupo Tandem Skydiving, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It was lovely to meet both of you and I'm sure you made the most of your trip around NZ. Hope your wedding anniversary celebration was a memorable one! Thanks again for your feedback.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Well i'm alive.... So that's a big plus! These guys are great, i had an amazing experience that i will never forget thanks to all the awesome photos which they took! A great price too. I would thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for a place to skydive in NZ. Taupo is beautiful

Visited November 2011
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Absolutely exhilarating!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Taupo is the cheapest place in NZ to do a skydive and TTS is definitely the place to do it. There's no doubt about it, the skydive itself is absolutely out of this world. Definitely go for the 15000ft as opposed to the 12000ft. Its no difference in how scared you are, but you get a longer time to experience it as the bad thing about them is that they are over in no time and as soon as you touch the ground you're eager to go back up. The team are very friendly and professional, nice smooth landings! It does feel a little like a production line, no sooner have you landed they're off to get attached to the next tandem.
The only downside is the pics/dvd. You have to get a package, there's no paying for it individually. The freefall pics we got were great, we weren't fussed about a dvd but it came with the pics anyway as they have to send another diver up to do it. The dvd isn't personalised at all, its a few minutes of you falling and the rest is everyone else who was in the plane with you - so not really worth it, and its quite poor quality.

Visited September 2011
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An incredible must-do activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I was initally hesitant about doing this on my holiday to New Zealand. Finally I took the plunge and phoned up in an afternoon to make a booking for the morning of the next day (phoning up was the hardest part!). When I woke up on the morning of the jump, for an instant I was hoping that the weather would be too bad, but was a beautiful cloudless day!

On turning up at the site, all of the Taupo Tandem skydiving team were friendly and professional. Yes they do try to sell various packages (for example photos, filming etc) and they are not cheap, but having decided that this would probably be a "once in a lifetime" activity, I decided to take the freefall video (where another skydiver films you on the jump).

The experience of freefalling from the plane is incredible, and the freefall part happens very quickly, whilst the parachute part is more "lesiurely" and gives more chance to admire the incredible view. At no point, did I feel unsafe.

In summary, don't worry and just do this - you won't regret it!

Visited September 2011
Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“a lovely morning out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I was only there as a visitor watching my daughters friend jumping, but I couldn't have been made more welcome, I had several of the staff come and keep me updated on progress of my friends jump. while watching her up in the air the lady with us with the radio was telling us what was happening. I was also invited to go and have a look at the video after. I was very impressed with the whole place and people there, even after they realised I was a local. Given the opportunity I will definitly be telling people to go there.

Visited October 2011