“Great place to stay”

Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Paihia
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is a fantastic place to stay in Paihia. The location is excellent and the owners are so friendly and can't do enough for you. They helped us arrange trips and had great advice on things to do and the local area, both Paihia and our next stop in Kaitaia.

We had a lovely spacious ground floor room which was very clean with a separate bedroom for the children as well as a small kitchen, seating area and dining area. Everything was great and I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

What a fantastic place to stay. The rooms are clean - great loaction. The owners are very nice and accomodating.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We had a sea view room in the first floor with it,s own balcony which looked out over the bay. The room was good for 4 people. Ideal with a couple of kids as ther were twin beds in a separate room, and the queen bed in a separate part of the apartment. Kitchen facilities and dining area meant we could make our own breakfast and did not have to venture out early if we didn't want to. Great location close to the shops &ferries across to Russel but far enough away to be quiet in the evenings. We stayed for 5 nights and would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We had a really lovely stay at Swiss Chalet. Phil and Maureen were down to earth, warm and very accommodating, allowing us to leave our car overnight as we were going on an overnight cruise and coming back to the Motel. Very clean, comfortable and a balcony although it rained the second night we stayed and I didn't get to sit out! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Studios are very spacious - as good as a one bedroom elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The owners of Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel were really helpful and wonderful people. I had a little accident outside the place, tripping and falling as I was walking to the motel where I had checked in that afternoon and I was just returning from some activities. This happened on the street itself and had nothing to do with the motel I might add but they were incredibly helpful. It turns out I ripped ligaments in my left ankle, which was very painful. Apart form calling an ambulance to transport me to the Kawakawa hospital 20km away, they also came all the way to collect me when they analysed the damage and discharged me from the hospital late at night. Plus they helped me to my room and a free breakfast in the morning, since I wasn't able to move. It was really heart-warming the way both owners of this motel went above and beyond in my time of need, which I am very grateful for. Apart from this, once I finally made it to my room, it was actually a very well laid-out room with everything you would hope for in a lodge/motel, plus all of this for a very reasonable price. If you are looking for some real Kiwi hospitality in the Bay of Islands, do stay at this place. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business