Saltwater Lodge
Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 62
  • Pool
US$ 100
US$ 78
US$ 131
Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
US$ 76
Breakwater Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
US$ 91
Agoda.com
Aloha Seaview Resort Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$ 59
US$ 50
Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
Priceline
US$ 275
US$ 231
Agoda.com
All reviewsensuite bathroomthe kitchenlarge lockerstv videocommon roomtop bunkbunk bedsfemale dormplug socketscommunal areasbackpacker hostela fantastic place to stayfree bikesminute walk to the beachwifi is freesliding doorfamily room
Reviewed 27 January 2011

This luxury hostel is more like a motel and it's modern and clean. The front desk Manager is very helpful. The major problem is that it's located in the bar district of Pahia and it's extremely loud at night - all night.
The bars, coupled with drunk backpackers, means that you won't get much sleep. We cut our stay short to relocate to a quieter district of Pahia.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I stayed two months in NZ, traveling around. I confess didn't have so much good experiences with hostels. But I do have to say that Saltwater Lodge was beyond my expectations. I have booked a female room with 4 beds. The room was clean, wide and also quiet. The bathroom was really good, big and really clean. I recommend ever!! The best one. The staff was very nice and friendly. I had a really great time there... Ah, the kitchen was very clean too.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Everything about this was great... except I stayed on a Saturday and Sunday night and was not able to sleep as this accomodation is situated directly between (I mean next door to) two of the towns VERY noisy night spots.The music stopped at 1am, and I finally got to sleep....great for the young tourist who loves to party but anyone who likes to sleep before 1am AVOID....or buy some earplugs. I would not stay again or recommend to anyone else I know.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2010

An amazin spot this one, was just goin through my options when i enquired and didnt take me long to choose a 2 nt stay here..Talking with the Male owner he gave me loads of advice of wat 2 do in the area and the whole of NZ! The Female owner again very helpful and went well beyond the call of duty after i left.. I got to borrow a bike-see a rainbow vapour and lots of other good spots, drove to Cape reinga-the lake is just out of the hostel and that weekend the sun was beating down gr8 times!! U can Canoe, cycle. A family even invited me in for Beers one nt down the road!! There are sum bars around 2:] The rooms all new and clean, the main room has tv, computers were bit old if i could gripe!, the kitchen facilities very good. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Very clean, great ensuite bathroom, close to Paihia village proper, super close to beach, lots of info available at desk, well-stocked kitchen + small fridge in room, super quiet in winter, this was the best place I stayed in NZ

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo