All reviews new zealand jim units hosts views bay
Reviewed 12 March 2017

How to describe Anchor House in one word? -Fantastic! Beautifully located, stunning views with clean and cosy accommodation. Hosts were phenomenal, welcoming and incredibly friendly.

I had originally planned to visit Paihai with my cousin but unfortunately his plans changed and he flew home early. I dealt mainly with Elaine who was so lovely and caring. She was extremely helpful when it came to arranging transport, she even made sure that the tour I had booked for the second day picked me up from nearby. This was so that I did not have to walk in to town on my own in the early hours. I feel that she went above and beyond to make my time in Paihia as relaxing and memorable as possible.

I can't rate this B&B highly enough. My only regret is that I did not stay there longer! Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2017

The unit was excellent, comfortable and spotless and we were guttered that we couldn't stay longer
Amazing friendly host are Elaine and Jim
Elaine even offered to drive us over the hill to town the next morning but we adventured around the foreshore instead (great scenic walk to town and would recommend to others)
We would have stayed longer but could only book one night as their units were already pre booked out the following night and now I see why
They were so accommodating and even let us to store our riding gear and motorbike that next day while we out explored Paihia

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2016

This B & B was recommended to us by some other travellers. It's has a lovely lookout to the ocean and is equipped with all you need. Hosts are lovely and welcoming and provide a continental style breakfast in your room.

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank Joy B
Reviewed 17 February 2016

we have stayed in this B &B quite a few times now,which was recommended by Auckland friends,so have come to know the hosts, Elaine and Jim, very well. we travel up to PAihIa a lot through the summer months,so we book ahead for 6 months at a time,and they are always ready for us to arrive,and greet us like old friends.

Room tip: 3 units sea views,2 queen beds 1 2 X king singles These can be linked. the rooms are spotless,well maintained and modern.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2016

We had a great stay at the Anchor House made even better by the kindness of the hosts Elaine and Jim. The room was very comfortable and clean. The town of Paihia is a short walk away either along the road or along the beach when the tide is out. There is a lovely beach just across the road which is very quiet and it seems mainly used by the locals. A perfect spot to relax and we would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: January 2016