“Keep your eyes open!”

Brookfields Vineyards
Ranked #17 of 45 things to do in Napier
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The owner allows his dogs to run free in the dining area. As we were shown to our table my wife was greeted by a very large, very soft dog turd under her seat. we recieved no apology from the owner and the local council did nothing.

2  Thank thetullster
in 9 reviews
"knowledge"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 2 August 2010

I visited Brookfields on the extremely high recommendation of my dad, who has visited the winery several times and told me about how passionate and informative the owner is. He wasn't wrong. I was offered 6 different samples and the owner, drinking with me, was amazingly informative and passionate about his wine. He had a great way of explaining the features of each wine to a relatively uneducated wine drinker such as myself. I was so impressed I had a hard time choosing which wine to buy and settled on 2 bottles rather than the 1 I had been planning to purchase! After visiting Black Barn winery prior to visiting Brookfields, and being made to feel like I had just landed from outer space at the relatively pretentious Black Barn, it was incredibly refreshing and welcoming to receive such lovely, unpretentious service at Brookfields. Will definetly be returning on my next trip to the Bay.