Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$ 116
View deal
PricelineUS$ 116
CheapTicketsUS$ 115
Hotels.comUS$ 115
eDreamsUS$ 116
TravelocityUS$ 115
FindHotelUS$ 115
All reviews east cape great fishing off the beaten track stunning location facing the sea renovated unit piece of paradise delicious dinner outstanding views wonderful spot fresh fish get away from it all friendly owner remote location unique experience the main road quiet at night
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2021

We stayed one night during our East Cape trip.
The views are breathtaking, the lady owner is very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and you get to sleep to the sound of the waves. Our room was facing the sea.
I highly recommend not to miss this piece of paradise

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 13 January 2021

Lottin Point Motel was very helpful and worked with us through to a successful resolution for my booking. I had to cancel my six night stay as my uncle was sick with a brain tumour. Lottin Point worked with me and we came up with a successful resolution. As I had booked over the busy summer period I was happy to pay $140 for one night to cancel my six night stay. You can not expect to book a motel in a remote location ( one of the most scenic places in NZ) and expect them to cancel your booking with no charge, as they have lost potential revenue. Lottin Point has to on sell your room which they may not be able to do. Great service and I have driven to the location many times and it is gorgeous, remote and spectacular.

Room tip: Blue water - great location.
Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

We dropped into have a drink while touring. Mariji made us superbly welcome. I had a great fish n chips meal and the port was superb.. Got the impression Mariji was a genuine straight shooter n very hospitable. We wi be back k

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marija Dalziel, General Manager at Lottin Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2021

tēnā koutou ano e taku hoa nō Te Taitokerau

Pleasant way to have a break through a really busy time,

enjoyed you and your partners company

Do call again

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for a night during our East Cape road trip. Remote and tucked away this motel sits in a tranquil setting - where you can really “turn off” and have time out from the hustle and bustle of daily life! Welcomed with fabulous views (and sunsets!), the staff were super friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and tidy and the food was great! Would definitely recommend ❤️

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Marija Dalziel, General Manager at Lottin Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

Glad we could help you unwind

Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

My partner and I stopped in at Lottin Point Motel on the tail end of a week away in the Gisborne area and it turned out to be the highlight of the trip. Gorgeous surroundings encompasses what appears to be an unassuming yet wonderful family business. Very friendly and very helpful staff which allowed us to relax after a long drive. Great wifi and the food was plentiful and delicious. A definite destination stop off that you won’t regret.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marija Dalziel, General Manager at Lottin Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Glad you had a good break.

Enjoy your Christmas, and share some time for those you love and value.