“Friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Plum Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Auckland Central
Plum Lodge
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 14 February 2017

It's in Kingsland which is a hipster haven, even the burgers have beards so if you are looking for a hairy burger, stay in Kingsland. The staff at Plum Lodge are very friendly and helpful and they do their best to keep the place clean

Room Tip: Ask for one
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Plum Lodge. The staff are friendly and helpful as are the other tenants. It's right in the heart of Kingsland and handy to all amenities, train station, restaurants, bars and Eden Park. I'd recommend this place in a heart beat and if ever I'm back in Auckland, that's where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
blhkiwi, Manager at Plum Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Thanks for your positive feedback about your experience at Plum Lodge Rebecca. You are welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I was going to stay long term at Plum Lodge while finishing my post graduate diploma in Auckland. I had an terrible experience while staying at Plum Lodge. My room had bed bugs, and I suspect the whole floor 3 that I was staying at had infestations. I heard from people that had been staying there for a while that this corner of the floor I was staying at had been having a lot of problems and the bed bugs kept coming back. I was not informed of that before I came, and when I came to view the room before I moved in the manager showed me a room on the first floor, as well as the common area on that floor and said it was pretty much the same. It was not the same, the common area on the third floor was crawling with cockroaches and bed bugs and way dirtier that on the ground floor. I hold no grudges against the staff though as they were really helpful and let me wash all my clothes in the manager machine before leaving. I really hope they manage to get rid of this bug problem.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank evajakobs
blhkiwi, Manager at Plum Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

We are very sorry you didn't have a better experience at Plum Lodge. Our rooms are professionally cleaned and fumigated before any tenant moves in and we have systems in place in case there are any issues with insects outside of hours when the fumigation experts can investigate. We also go to great lengths to ensure our rooms are clean with new carpet, new beds with specially imported bug shield material, new paint work, art work, desks, chairs and wardrobes. Given your regrettable experience, we have switched to another fumigation company which has since eradicated the issue. As you know, bed bugs are brought into the building by transients so regardless of how strict our cleaning/fumigation procedures are, there is always a chance of activity and we can only do the very best we can to stay on top of things. I wish you all the very best going forward.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

It’s a great place to stay.... Staff were friendly caring and pleasant, starting from the reception.
Rooms are warm while outside is very cool. Well maintained Lodge l. I highly recommend the Lodge for locals and foreigners. I would probably choose Plum Lodge next time as I have experience warm welcomes of the staff, excellent service and pleasantness of Lodge crew.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
blhkiwi, Manager at Plum Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Thanks for the feedback Bhawana! We wish you all the best on your travels. You are welcome back to Plum Lodge any time!

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Been staying at Bond Street Lodge for a while now and it is by far the best share facilities accommodation I have stayed at! All the advantages of a hostel without the billion bunk bed in one room or possibility of people pinching your food! Kitchen and bathrooms are kept spotless and there is a lovely social atmosphere in the living area. Really close to all amenities such as bus stop, train station and some great bars and cafes! Couldn't recommend it more, whether it's short or long term stays I'm sure you will be happy.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaomiF2901

Thanks Naomi,

It was great to have you stay here and you are welcome back anytime! All the best!