“Amazing! ”

Ranked #5 of 2,480 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place to have a lovely degustation! The food was amazing and well presented. It was always a surprise what was going to come out and that is so good! Would highly recommend coming here for a romantic dinner or if you just want to go on a delicious culinary journey

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Food and service here never disappoint me. I had a lovely evening with my girlfriends and we all enjoyed our dished. Everything was plated beautifully and there were many unique flavors. Will be back for sure! (:

Reviewed 20 September 2018

It had been a while since we'd been - but we weren't disappointed. Fabulous dinner. Were surprised about no menu - but adored the surprise and opportunity to try new and different tastes. Very generous with amuse bouche and snacks. Loved our night out - thank you!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

My wife and I visited The Grove on our honeymoon to New Zealand and ordered the Full Degustation menu with the standard wine pairings

Pros:
- The food really was excellent. The portion sizes were a bit large, meaning we were extremely full by the end of the meal, but the chef clearly put in a lot of thought into how to combine unique and unusual ingredients.
- The sommelier came to our table before each course and gave us descriptions of each wine and answered our questions about it. He was attentive, polite, and knowledgeable, which was appreciated.

Cons:
- By the end of our meal, the wait staff had completely abandoned us. We were not offered tea or coffee despite a table next to us being offered, and we had to flag down a waiter to have my water glass filled, and not once, but twice to get the check which then still took some time to arrive. The restaurant had gotten busier at this point, but for a $600 NZD meal, I expected better service. The manager did come by after we had paid the check after we complained and offered us additional cocktails in the bar area, but we were frustrated at this point and opted to leave.
- I had informed the restaurant via email two different times that my wife and I were celebrating our honeymoon with them after our wedding last week, and that this would be the nicest meal of our trip by far. I wasn’t expecting any thing free, but a congratulations would have been appreciated- seemed like my communications were totally ignored, but did get a very prompt email requesting reviews once our meal was over!

Overall the food was very good, but we expected a more seamless experience and better service. It’s unlikely we will return next time we visit Auckland.

2  Thank impertinent_gauss
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I chose the 7 course degustation for his birthday dinner. Loved the detail involved in each element of the dishes. Favorite was the scampi raviolo and my boyfriend loved the steak so much, I gave him the rest of mine.
Petit fours before and after were amazing as well. Couldnt finish the last course as there was so much food. But worth it