“Tasting Menu - The Best of the Best”

Sid at The French Cafe
Ranked #6 of 2,450 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sid at The French Cafe is a fine dining restaurant in Auckland City offering the very best in food, wine and service.
Reviewed 19 October 2016

All the dishes are on the Tasting Menu are devine, and beautifully presented. I would choose this way to dine any time it's offered, and at The French Cafe it's The Best of the Best.
We dined with a friend, with another couple we had booked for unable to make it (flight delays). Ambience is ideal for that situation, and the service is great.
The French Cafe is a must - get organised and book in!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Very nice food. The wine selection suggested was a perfect compliment. This would be the perfect atmosphere for a romantic proposal with a very intimate setting and low lighting.

1  Thank MarianK90
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The whole evening was everything anyone could wish for. The dinner was skilfully prepared and there was nothing that I could have dreamed of cooking at home. Every course was a delight and the wine was perfectly matched. Excellent value for money and a truly memorable evening. I would rate this as one of the best meals I have ever had the pleasure of eating around the world.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed our evening filled with great wine and food!

It wasn't cheap, but was certainly an experience! I personally found that there were so many dishes that you couldn't have great conversations without many interruptions, however I realize now that for catch ups I would go else where. Plus we did the set wine/food match menu so if I went again I would just choose from the menu.

Certainly no complaints about service, food, wine or atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We had the degustation menu with matching wines. As always, every course was delectable. The menu was fresh, and reflected the tastes of spring. Although the sequence of courses was unexpected - e.g. venison followed by duck - everything flowed well.