“Top 10 restaurant I have been to. Here's a price guide, best time to go, plus a top menu tip!”
Review of Orbit 360° Dining

Orbit 360° Dining
Ranked #56 of 2,456 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2017

As a birthday I was a bit spoiled here.

Although we live in Auckland, the prices kinda kept us away as it is a moderately expensive place to eat at, but now I can say, thoroughly worthwhile for the quality and service.

Before going to the restaurant, head up to level 52 and take in the viewing deck. It will probably be crowded, but the cost is included in the meal, so why not!

Once you get down to level 51, the Orbit deck, you real experience starts!

You will get a full 360 degree view of the city, so make your dinner time around dusk (depending on what time of year you go this will change) and you will have the most amazing views of sunset.

There really is so much to see and take in, but don't forget about the person you are with, as it is very easy to just be consumed with the view.

The menu has al the main food groups, vege, meat, fish GF - some other special menu items I just find too forgettable to mention - so dig in and prepare yourself for a gastro delight!

We started with champagne and an entree of shared scallops. My word.... just divine!

For a main, I ordered the salmon as a medium and it was without a doubt one of the finest dishes I have had. My wife ordered the venison and same deal there too! TOP TIP: salmon and venison are the most popular dishes so try them... you will not be disappointed.

For desert I ordered a chocolate brownie and ice cream dish and it finished me off completely. (Although I did have room for a little special coffee that warmed me from the inside out for a couple of hours).

Total we spent was about $180 and not at all unreasonable for a special occasion I thought.

All in all just a fantastic experience, but bear in mind this is a restaurant in high demand with limited seating, so you will need to book online and probably days or weeks in advance. It is worth it!

1  Thank KiwiintheWorld

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Okay so this is on the pricy side, but the quality of the food is pretty good and despite what we have read in some of the reviews- the service was impeccable. We went for the fixed price for 3 courses which worked out at $80 pp - but when you consider you also get access to the viewing decks too (which if you visited without dining would cost you almost $30 each) then the whole experience taken together starts to look less expensive. It is an experience and you should definitely book ahead as it was busy. We timed our diner with sunset to get the most out of seeing the Auckland skyline light up. An evening to remember.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Well worth the 'check in' process downstairs to get to the top for dinner. The staff downstairs are not helpful nor friendly. But the staff in the restaurant at the top are great. Wonderful dining, wine combined with world-class views. A bit pricey.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

When you visit Auckland, book a meal at Orbit to get the best view of Auckland City. The meal will include a trip up to the observation deck where you can spend some time admiring the Auckland City view. The price of the food is worth the view, and the food is not bad too. Best to get the set menu in my opinion!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

had dinner here with my family during my daughters birthday. i thought i would still get hungry with fine dining, but i was wrong. having the full meal for $75 was all worth it. dishes were delish and would love to come back. and yes, that view... the resto turns slowly while your having the meal and lets you enjoy the beautiful auckland. im scared of heights but would not miss this.