“Underwhelming, wouldn't go back.”

Kiwi Kiss New Zealand
Ranked #1,267 of 2,429 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: New Zealand, Fusion
Reviewed 21 September 2014

We were given vouchers for this restaurant which is how we heard about it.
We were both really disappointed with our food.
The entree of flat bread and garlic butter was tiny and the bread almost stale. There was olive oil and salt too but only enough olive oil for one dip. The butter had a strange taste like it was old. And only four tiny pieces of bread. The other entree of Edamame bean salad was much better, in fact my favourite dish of the night. The coleslaw it was served with was quite creamy and didn't feel overly healthy but tasty none the less.
The mains were the biggest disappointment. We got the chicken and the lamb meatballs and decided to share. I thought both meats tasted quite similar which concerns me. They had the same sauce on them which was just odd, almost like packet gravy but thick and not overly flavoursome. The meatballs had no flavour what so ever except it tasted like stewed mince, in fact I couldn't finish my half of the portion because I was starting to gag. I added salt but that didn't help. The sauce it came with was too spicy for me to eat. The yoghurt it came with was also nothing special. The vegetable parcel was just a mini potato fritter and the salad was a rearranged version of the coleslaw from our entree. The mayo on it was straight from a bottle. And the oblong plate made it hard to eat without spilling all over the table. The palette cleanser in between courses was way too sweet for cleansing and ruined the taste of my wine. As for the wine, only having one by the glass Sav to choose from wasn't a good look.
Maybe it's desserts are better, I don't know as we didn't have them.
The staff were very pleasant and attentive, the atmosphere was nice enough but not what I would call romantic as I have seen written.
Overall, really disappointing. I don't normally write bad reviews for food, this is a first for me.

1  Thank GinaPedersen

Reviewed 30 August 2014

My starter of salmon was perfect, just the right size for a starter!
Next a palette cleanser , so refreshing ...
Onto the ribs which were melt in the mouth, others had the meatballs and loved them also
Desert time award winning ice creams. What Devine yet subtle flavours.i can't wait to return with next group of friends.
Off street parking, friendly service, good prices, warm and inviting....
Yes has easily turned into my local.
Try doing Sunday brunches! I'll be keen

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I've been to KK on a few occasions now. They are fairly new and I am impressed with how far they have come in a short time. Location wise is a bit out of the norm but its only a stones throw from the train station and Ellerslie night life. The food is amazing as is the service. The highlight is the dessert. Award winning sorbets and icecreams. My partner and I went recently for a romantic dinner and we loved it! Seating set up outside, patio heater and music. Love the colour theme, simple yet classic and classy. Prices are unbeatable for what you get!!!!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Dining at Kiwi Kiss NZ is a lovely experience. The personal and friendly service is refreshing and inviting. The menu offers a selection of New Zealand cuisine at a very fair price. The Manuka Salmon is my favourite dish and the South Pacific Pie is a must try on the dessert menu. The dessert selection is impressive (I can understand why they've won many awards); all delicacies made in their own kitchen.

I have been to Kiwi Kiss on several occasions, for a birthday party, dinner dates, Mother's day lunch and an anniversary dinner; all of which were wonderful dining experiences from the delicious food to the excellent service.

When my partner and I dined here for our anniversary the restaurant décor and table setting was romantic, adding a unique ambiance to our dining experience. I highly recommend Kiwi Kiss to all diners who enjoy delicious Kiwi cuisine. - Christine :)

1  Thank curlymiri
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'd just like to start by saying, if I could eat dessert for breakfast lunch and dinner then I would get a job at kiwi kiss and move on in.And it wasn't just the the desserts. The whole experience was a great night out and the family feel from the staff was just O for Orsome.

1  Thank bryce w