“great weekend stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“great weekend stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

My sister and I came over for the Bledisloe Cup weekend. We had a minor issue after checking in as the room smelled of smoke. However, we told the reception staff and they apologised and swiftly moved us to a new room and had the bell hop bring us our luggage from the other room. From then, we had a great stay at Sky City. The room was clean and bigger than expected. Comfortable bed and great customer service. The staff were always very helpful and friendly. Easy to walk around the city from the hotel and the best part is their is plenty to do in the hotel itself with lots of bars/clubs/food and also the casino. Would definitely recommend it and would stay again. =)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear Natalie S,

Thank you for your recommendation on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear our team swiftly rectified your minor issue on check in. Please be assured I will feedback your positive comments regarding our customer service to the rest of my team.

On your next stay with us I hope you get to experience one of our 25 restaurants, cafes and bars, theatre, or free live entertainment.

I hope you had a safe trip back to Sydney.

Tracey Walsh l Guest Relations Manager l SKYCITY Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at the Sky City in Auckland on my business trip to New Zealand and found superb rooms and exceptional service.
This hotel is something special, I do travel quite a lot and have stayed with most of the big chain hotels, but this one was truly unique and a pleasure to stay in. It is the attention to detail which I enjoyed most and the attentive staff.
The food was really good, too. Faultless.
As I stayed over a week it was good to be in such a central location whith shops and restaurants, but Sky City has everything,a huge tower with resturant over looking the whole of the city and harbour,they have evertything right to detail,the place is a city in itself,there is also a huge casino,the bedrooms are fantastic.,a memorable experience by far..

It was a pleasure to stay !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Robsworldtoday
Dear Robsims,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I have shared your review with the rest of my team who were delighted to read your wonderful feedback.

I hope you had a safe flight back to Bristol.

We would love to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed here mid July,with family.The rooms were excellent,the several food options in the building were great as you didn't have to go out.It is easy to walk around Auckland city centre from here,we had 2 rooms ,the only downside was that we were on seperate floors,I assumed that a booking for 2 identical rooms you wouldn't need to ask to have them next to each other.SILLY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SKYCITY H, Public Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear NARRAAustralia,

Thank you for positing your recent review on TripAdvisor.

Whilst delighted to read you enjoyed our rooms and some of the world class restaurants within SKYCITY. I am sorry to read you were not allocated your two rooms side by side. This is not high level of service we take pride in at SKYCITY Hotel. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully investigate this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tracey Walsh tracey.walsh@skycity.co.nz
Guest Relations
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I just spent a week in the SkyCity Auckland on business,last week. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it. The hotel is well-appointed and comfortable. My room had twin queen (I think) beds that were very comfortable and I slept well every night. The blackout curtains worked well and despite having a room over the main street I found the noise levels to be excellent--the only external (to the room) noise I heard was the odd guest in the hallway.

There is one aspect I found useful and annoying--all the electrical switches have blue LED lights in them, which are quite bright in the darkness. This is good in that there is enough light to see to get around in the middle of the night; but it is bad when they are directly above your head (to one side) when lying down. The later was solved by placing a pillow over them.

One minor comment, the room safe would not work for me but I did not need it. I should have reported it for maintenance (room 127 if management are reading this).

I chose this hotel because there is a wide variety of restaurants (and prices) to eat from including the SkyCity Grand Hotel across Federal Street. I will post separate reviews of the restaurants I dined at, so a brief comment here: Rebo-good value for money, tasty, excellent service, would recommend (dined there 3 times); Fortuna-dinner: buffet-style, I am not a great buffet fan but I wanted something quick and easy which it accomplished well, there was sufficient choice and variety and was tasty, no complaints; Fortuna-breakfast: standard hotel breakfast buffet, I feel the price was reasonable when compared with other hotels, good selection, friendly and efficient staff, I had breakfast here three times, the others were room service; Jade Dragon: chinese-style restaurant, really enjoyed my meal, prepared quickly and presented well, will dine there again next week on my return visit!

One final point, the room rate I was charged was excellent value and much lower than the room rate for my next trip next week (for a conference at the complex). Assuming I can continue to get the same rate I will be coming back frequently!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your recommendation of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you taking the time.Should you return to Auckland City our team will be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.
Best wishes
Admir Mullaaliu
Hotel Manager
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

My Wife and I stayed at the Sky City Hotel July 24th - July 30th because of it's central location and mostly favorable reviews. We could not have been happier, the location was only a few blocks from Les Mills Auckland City Gym our main reason for coming to town. The other direction was Queen street shopping and entertainment and a short stroll to the Harbour district with more great restaurants then you could ever experience in 1 stay. The staff was alway friendly and helpful, room clean and comfy. We will be back on our next trip to Les Mills Auckland city for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott E
Dear ScottE

Thank your for your review on TripAdvisor. Here at SKYCITY Hotel we strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and our team will be thrilled to receive your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Auckland.