“A-OK with me”

Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Dunedin, New Zealand
“A-OK with me”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I recently had four nights in the Quadrant while I attended the Auckland Writers and Readers Festival: it was my third visit and I have no reason not to return. Check in and check out were easy to accomplish.

I had a studio apartment and was surprised at the level of fit-out: even a dish drawer to wash dishes (although by the time I got home each night, some magic pixie had done my dishes anyway) and really, there was plenty of room and a nice big TV. Free internet was a nice bonus and never let me down.

The room was clean, the bed was comfy and I had a great view out over the port. The bathroom was a bit on the compact side and the table could have been a bit more solid, but they're minor negatives. Best of all was the price - under $80 a night. Another impressive feature: I had a rather rowdy companion one night in the bar - when he went outside for a smoke, the staff was quick but polite in ensuring he didn't disturb other guests. It was nice that they had some craft beer (Tuatara) in the bar rather than just the standard generic beers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Wellington
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We got a special deal at The Quadrant and couldn't believe how lucky we were. It's pretty cool and funky, staff are really friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, spacious, and modern, views great (if you're lucky enough to get a room with a view), and it's right in the middle of central Auckland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Taupiri, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed at the Quadrant Hotel in Auckland 30 May 2012. As always checking in was met with politeness and professionalism. I also enjoyed talking to the bar staff at dinner time who were friendly and accommodating. It's a good feeling after a busy day to have people looking after you.

Ruku I'Anson

Room Tip: All the rooms I've stayed in have been great
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We got this as a deal for 40% off for over 7 nights. The staff were very helpful and made a quick check in a breeze. We stayed in a studio apartment which had everything we needed in it, dishwasher, stove, washing machine and dryer. The bed was comfy :) The balcony was small but good enough to get fresh air! the view from our apartment was just another building though most of the apartments looked to have a decent view. the shower was a bit mouldy and the water was warm then burning hot then cold.
Free wifi throughout the building.
We hired a car and parked on the street at night which is free 6pm - 8am compared to paying $28 parking with the hotel
If you walking its not to bad but has a few slopes to get back up if you walk down to the wharf or mall etc.

Room Tip: most of the cheaper deals for rooms have no view just the buildings beside but if you dont mind that...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed at the Quadrant April this year 2012. The staff were very friendly and accommodating particulary (Jayce - Correct me if I'm wrong) and some other wonderful staff. We stayed for some time in Auckland and then returned from Queenstown. Our first two bedroom room was very spacious and really quite good. There was three of us My husband, son and myself and this was a great room. The second time (our return) I must say, the two bedroom room was ok but certainly not to the standard of the first stay. So this was a little disapointing. The meals we had, including room service were all quite good. My biggest grumble I have is the HORRID washer/ dryer in one. I ended up just washing and "hanging" our clothes to dry on the verandah. I think the whole cycle took 9 hours??? They would be much better to install a simple front loader and wall mounted dryer. Other than that all great. Exceptional taxi service. There in minutes. If you enjoy a walk harbour/town is about 15/20 minutes away. There are some very steep hill (as others have mentioned) We found that if you walked up from the hotel, turned right and went through the park it was a very nice walk. Certainly not as steep as other ways... Local shop. Walk left from the hotel. Turn left next street, then left again. A little shop, but with homemade ready meal (if you just get in/hurry), all the basic necessities. In all a good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 18 floor (our first stay) were best.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family