“Wonderful View”

Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
London
“Wonderful View”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I stayed in the penthouse suite at the Quadrant. Whilst it was pretty pricey by NZ standards it did not dissapoint.

The view when you wake up in the morning can not be beaten!!

It is all one room, rather than having a seperate lounge, but I think it works as it means the view is uninterupted from wherever you are sitting or standing.

We did have some problems with the bed on the first night though. They fixed this the next morning and gave us complimentary parking as recompense. After that there were no problems and overall we found the service to be first class. They even managed to rustle up a cheese platter one night when we came in late in the early hours of the morning!

It's pretty well located, although a bit of a hike up the hill from the main shopping and bar areas. If you don't mind a bit of exercise then you'll be fine.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Oxted, UK
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The Quadrant was recommended by Kea, from whom we had hired our campervan for touring NZ. Before flying out from Auckland, we stayed our last night in the Quadrant.
We were very impressed by the room and its facilities for the price paid and its location and views. We were sorry that we weren't spending longer in the room, rather than just using it a a place to hunker down for the night before an early departure for the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kaeo, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed for one night (Easter Saturday 2012) in one of the penthouse rooms at the Quadrant. We had an end room and it was spacious and comfortable and the views were to die for. We had a view of the harbour and Rangitoto Island .
One disappointment was the fact that despite it being central Auckland (and the penthouse room being very expensive) there was no parking available for the room. We were offered a "valet park" for an extra $28 but since I wanted to go up and down to the car this was not an option. We were left with a Wilson car park under the hotel next door with no access to our hotel (the basement door was locked) consequently we had to walk through the hotel next door and up the road and enter the Quadrant by the front door. The reception were friendly but could offer no suggestions. Other hotels in central Auckland DO offer a parking space with the room but as a suggestion maybe a parking space could be offered but allow guests access to their car. This situation rather spoiled an otherwise pleasant weekend. It's not really any good offering guests a free exercise room and other benefits if you don't provide anywher to park.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dubai
Reviewed 10 April 2012

A hotel with friendly and helpful staff. It's an hotel apartment, although the room is com4table for 2 but the bathroom is very small. Clean property with close proximity to queens street and the sky tower. Well central location of the hotel it's walking distance to the some of happening tourist attraction in city.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saikiran9
UdaiSarin, General Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Saikiran,

Thank you for the review, I am glad you enjoyed the property and I wish you safe travels back home.

Take care

Udai Sarin

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Wichita, KS
Reviewed 9 April 2012

After almost two weeks in NZ, I was used to paying more for hotels but knew that I would generally get more than I would for an economic hotel in the States. Here's the lowdown:

Location: Central. W/i walking distance (about 5 min) from lots of shopping and restaurants on Queen and the surrounding Central Business District. Easy access to State Highway 1 and 16. My favorite place to eat was the food hall on Albert.

Parking: I was lucky enough to come here during Easter, so there was free street parking everywhere. However, if you park through the valet at the hotel, you're going to pay about $35NZD/day. There's a Wilson parking structure that charges by the half hour. If you park for the night, it's a maximum of $15NZD. If you park for the day, it's $24NZD max. Not cheap, thank goodness that we will only have to do this for our last day.

Service: Nothing to complain about. Anytime I had issues, it would be addressed immediately in the most polite manner. My only problem with them was the wifi. Though free, I could only get it to work the first and last day. My husband's two devices worked for our entire stay, but it was slow. I'm not complaining about the speed, since this is a country wide issue.

Room: Spotlessly clean. The room includes a little kitchen area...actually every device in this area was minitiarized. There was a dishwasher, fridge, stove, washer/dryer. Dishwashing and laundry detergents were provided. So was flatware and silverware. I could not get the washer/dryer unit to work properly. The dryer portion never turned on, so I ended up air drying the clothing. The wash cycle ran 3 times before i could get the door to open. Directions for the device were unclear. Not all symbols were defined. Iron and board provided. Toiletries (shampoo, lotion, soap, and conditioner) provided. Hairdryer provided. TV has plenty of channels. Bed was very comfortable.

Bottom line: For the price that I got for this hotel online, I have no complaints. I've stayed at many value hotels...if you're paying $100NZD a night, you're doing well anywhere in the North Island. I paid a lot less for easter weekend to boot. I'd strongly consider staying here if you are in the area.

Room Tip: I know that at least the 23rd floor has balconies. You should definitely ask for a room farther fro...