“Hidden gem 🌟”

The Delicious Food Store
Ranked #782 of 2,455 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Eastern European
Description: Local Cafe with Breakfast Lunch and Brunch!
Description: Local Cafe with Breakfast Lunch and Brunch!
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I lived in Te Atatu Peninsula all my life until I moved to London 7 years ago. When I moved away, the Te Atatu shops consisted of a chemist, post office, a few shops and the fish and chip shop really. Now there's loads of cafes and restaurants including this hidden gem. Not in with the main shops but just past them when leaving the peninsula, it's got a big outdoor area that's perfect for mums with babies. I understand they do a yummy mummy morning one day a week. I went for lunch with my mum and brother about 1:00pm one day during the week. Most of the cabinet food was gone by then, but they have a decent menu. I ordered the chilli prawn salad, my brother had the open steak sandwich which looked excellent. My salad was delicious, and my coffee was good too. Highly recommend this place.

As an FYI to readers after reading some of the other reviews too, the Delicious Foodstore used to be called Luscious Foodstore, I'm assuming change of name bought change of owners/staff as well

Reviewed 1 April 2017

A big thank you to Asmati and the team at The Delicious Food Store where we had our mum's 80th birthday lunch last Wednesday. We were fabulously looked after by the very friendly and lovely Asmati who made our visit very enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble and the food lived up to its name, "Delicious". We also ordered a birthday cake from the cafe which was beautiful. Thanks again. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Family friendly environment. Had a lovely meal with a friend for a catch up. Great place with outdoor seating options under a gorgeous tree! Fast and friendly service. Would recommend and come back.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

This little gem on the Te Atatu Peninsula is a well run family orientated cafe/restaurant.
The staff are really efficient & go out of their way to accomodate large groups even when busy.
The food is tasty & plentiful & coffee awesome.
Thoroughly recommended

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This cafe sits back from the road in Te Atatu and would be easy to overlook as you pass by but it really is worth going in for a meal.
The waiter, chef , manager and waitresses were lovely. The food (brunch) was great and the coffee was also good.
We couldn't believe the energy of the young lady at the front desk - single-handedly greeting guests, taking orders, handling payments, making coffees and taking orders at tables - all in what seemed an unhurried way and with a lovely smile and gracious manner.
We were amazed at the constant stream of diners coming in the doors. For a small-ish, local cafe they sure have a lot of business and that speaks for itself.