“Wholesome meal”

Thai Taste 2009 Toto
Ranked #511 of 2,468 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 15 June 2018

I went to this restaurant on many occasions. It is situated in one of the new commercial blocks in Waimauku at Factory Road.
The restaurant is clean and with amazingly accommodating waiter,
The menu is extensive so there is plenty of choices. The price is fair.

The must try entree is spring rolls and prawns. They are very well cooked and tasted amazing.
The seafood Tom Yum soup is another definite worth trying.

Thai cooking in general is loaded with sugar. However as I told the staff that we wanted no sugar and less salt in cooking. The dishes cooked were flavoursome and wholesome.

I could eat a lot and would not feel bloated.

I always left happy after a meal at this restaurant.

Worth while putting this restaurant in your address book.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Have eaten here on a few occasions both dine in and takeaway. The food is always very fresh. This time (takeaway) unfortunately we found the pad thai noodle and rice both lacked flavour, little to no seasoning/sauce. (A big change compared to previous visits) Only a 15minute wait for food, but felt rushed through as we could see reserved tables were ready to serve a big group (yet to arrive).

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We came here on the recommendation of our hosts at Woodhill Rise as it is close by and we wanted something casual but still nice. We didn't know what to expect trying Thai food in New Zealand but were very impressed. The portions are much bigger than we are used to at home. The manager made us feel very welcome and food and service were efficient. We both thought the food was much fresher and lighter than what we are used to. The golden crispy spring rolls and red duck curry were our favourites. Definitely an A+!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2017

It's probably my third or forth time here, whenever we visit family it is handy to visit this restaurant. I think I was a little disappointed this time, for the entree we ordered three of the combination amongst the five of us and was disappointed with the size of the individual pieces, very small. My seafood combination for the main was overcooked, an overcooked mussel or scollop is not nice . My wife consider the duck ok but not very spicy.
Thai food should be fresh and spicy but unfortunately our meal was anything but, as always the staff are very friendly but need to have a look at the food being served.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I reviewed Thai Taste in May 2016, just after they moved from Huapai up the road to new premises in Waimauku, and since that time have probably eaten there up to a dozen times.
During the year we have also eaten Thai food from Whangarei to Taupo, and still have not found anywhere better than Thai Taste,
Thai Taste is a family affair, husband and wife front of house, their parents in the kitchen. The service is welcoming, unobtrusive and prompt, even when, as usual, they are busy. Food is as consistent as it's possible to be, hence the number of times we've returned there.
Finally, I would point out that with the number of reviews on Trip Adviser and Google this restaurant has received, no-one gives it less than 4 stars - maybe that says it all.

Date of visit: May 2017