“Great place this”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Popped in here with our grown up kids for an evening meal. What a great choice, Fabulous atmosphere, decorated with all sort of Italian bits and pieces, lots of photographs and printed matter on the walls to keep us fascinated. Then there is the food. Nothing better than delicious plates served quickly and with a smile. Some authentic Italian staff too, to give it a wholesome flavour. Good range of wines and beers. Both our kids are in the hospo industry and were suitably impressed with this little gem. Will definately be back again.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 5 July 2018

We were staying nearby at the Ponsonby Manor and wanted a good meal. We got more than a meal. It was a spectacular authenic Italian dinner!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful cozy winters dinner with friends. Calamari was perfect. Bruschetta amazing. They have a wood fired pizza oven and the pizza was exquisite. Great service. Definitely will be back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I was starved and so were my 3 family members. We had just arrived in Auckland a couple of hours before and wanted a good meal. Gusto Italiano was walking distance from our airbnb. It's a fairly small place and most of the tables were occupied when we got there. Anyway, we started off with some nice Chianti wine. Then my wife and I decided on the set menu for 2, We started with a cold antipasto (salami, prosciutto, olives and other meats). The 2nd course was a delicious potato gnocchi. The main course was garlic chicken with vegetaables. We finished the meal off with tiramisu for dessert. It was a wonderful meal and certainly satisfied our appetites.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I’m far from a Pizza lover, in fact I rarely enjoy Pizza.

This place has the best Pizza I’ve ever eaten.

The other options were equally as amazing too.

Great range of drink options and amazing service.

Very authentic and in fact I said to my wife I’m sure to get better Italian food is imaging having to go to either Italy or Nee York.

Absolutely amazing place. Totally loved it.

Sadly I think Pizza anywhere else would be a waste of time.

Date of visit: May 2018