“Dinner before Cher Concert”
Review of Ortolana

Ortolana
Ranked #46 of 2,456 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a fantastic restaurant we ventured out looking for a coffee at first where we found a nice place with outdoor/indoor option we sat outside for our coffee nice and strong and a starter cheese with garlic flat bread delish then we moved inside for dinner. I had the fish which was full of taste and vegs my friend had the pork which was very tasty. We also had dessert chocolate hazelnut tart and apple crumble both very delicious.
Service was very attentive and friendly

1  Thank Leonie C

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This Britomart development is an appealing setting and do I'm not sure why outta taken so long to eat here.

Walking in I noticed a (pork) sausage & (scrambled) eggs, Portobello mushrooms dish that looked excellent but when one of us ordered the meal was too dry for me. The sausage though tasty suffered from the same issue.

Two of us ordered the fried potatoes with smoked (warehou) fish, salsa verde, poached eggs & goddess (turns out that's a "sauce"). Generous serving of smoked fish which I appreciated. Lots of potatoes and the goddess with nice runny poached eggs ticked my "moisture" box. But in the end the taste was a bit lacking - if I had to pick a reason I'd probably "blame" the potatoes.

Had a very (my request) spicy bloody Mary, and because I always overdo the chilli I couldn't tell if it was "alcoholic" enough and I'd prefer it a little dirtier.

Breakfast menu was perhaps a little pricy ($24 for my smoked fish dish) but given the setting in downtown Auckland and generous serving I don't think that's worth a complaint. Only little gripe is that we had ordered morning cocktails so I probably thought they'd come well before the food, but I got that wrong. (Though I accept the other way of thinking about it is that the food came so fast they hadn't even made our cocktails - but we had also ordered a pan au chocolat whittling waiting for others and that took ages....).

Staff were all very nice and my water glass constantly filled (even though is prefer my own bottle of tap water).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had dinner at Ortolana and sat inside as it was too cool for outside. The atmosphere is very nice, the service from both Italian ladies excellent. We enjoyed our crayfish ravioli very much, very tasty! We ordered a side dish salad with it which was beautiful, fennel, radish with a lovely vinaigrette. The wine was good as well. Lovely dinner!

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Excellent on all counts: The food is super delicious, the ambience is great with indoor and outdoor seating, the downtown location is very handy to public transport - right across the road from the Auckland harbour-front, ferry terminal, and bus terminal, and the service is excellent.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch and was very impressed! Beautiful flavours and lovely setting. Extensive beverage list and delicious menu. Try the smoked fish baguette for starters and then the pork belly and gnocchi were amazing!