Ponsonby Backpackers is a great place to stay. It is fun and sociable, but not a 'party' hostel, and as such has quite a diverse clientele. Dorms and share rooms are spacious and no room sleeps more than seven people. The outdoors area is lovely, a big garden with lots of seating, plus a free BBQ and bikes to rent. The staff are extremely friendly and happy to help with any aspect of planning your travels or activities within Auckland - they are very knowledgeable and full of suggestions. The kitchen is well stocked (pots, pans, crockery etc) and there is internet, Sky TV and a book exchange. All the communal areas are kept very clean, and although some of the showers are a bit small it's not enough to put me off staying here! The location, just off Ponsonby Road, is brilliant for the local bars, cafes and restaurants, and it's only a short walk into the city. I would recommend this backpackers to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ponsonby Backpackers is a beautiful 19th Century, character villa located right in the heart and soul of trendy Ponsonby filled with swanky boutiques and funky cafes and bars. We invite you to stay in our warm, cosy and spotlessly clean rooms, with welcoming and spacious communal areas that create the real feeling and vibe of your home away from home. Our award winning staff are the friendliest in town and are happy to give you all the information and advice you need for starting your NZ adventures! Travellers ourselves we know what backpackers want and look for in a place to call home, a true kiwi oasis. See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Ponsonby Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponsonby Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Ponsonby Backpackers Auckland, New Zealand