3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Movenpick
Priceline$164
Hotels.com$164
Travelocity$164
eDreams$164
All reviews excellent stay vue floor auckland accor viaduct
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2022

After a long day od travelling the staff made us feel very welcome. This new hotel was presented beautifully and the suite was nice and spacious with plenty of room for us and baby. We found the porta cot for set up nicley in the corner. Our porter Josh was very efficient and attentitive. He made us feel welcomed from the first moment of arrival and helped with our every need. The Valet parking was easy to use, we just pulled into the driveway at the front of the hotel. The reception staff also were helpful and friendly.
Our only negative was the restaurant which has recently opened, being new it had a beautiful setting and kind caring staff. It just needs a few tweeks to run more efficiently which I'm sure will come with time. Thanks for the lovely stay we will be back.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mövenpick Hotel Auckland, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Kia Ora chessybear,

Thank you so much for a fantastic review.
It was truly a pleasure to welcome you all to the very first, Mövenpick Hotel Auckland, in New Zealand.
We certainly pride ourselves on our wonderful team and we will let Josh know of your wonderful comments.
We can't wait to welcome you all back in the near future.

Ma te wa,
Tasi and The Mövenpick Family.

Reviewed 20 October 2021 via mobile

This was an involuntary choice as your MIQ hotel is only assigned on arrival
However, we felt the hotel team were terrific and made a potentially boring and unpleasant experience so much better than we feared
Three choices of good quality food( with the potential to replace things if we asked)
Great Barista coffee in the morning
Nothing was too much trouble and always arrived within a few minutes of ordering
Some friends spent hundreds of dollars on takeaway food but we didn’t order out once
Thanks again!

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mercure Auckland, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2021

Kia Ora Julian K,

Thank you for taking the time in providing genuine comments regarding your recent time with us.
We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with us and I will be sure to share your lovely feedback with the entire team, as we've been working tirelessly here to offer truly genuine warm hospitality since the beginning of the pandemic. We do hope you returned back to your loved ones and continue to stay safe.

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Staying here for MIQ. You would think that being trapped in a room with no windows to open the Govt would try to ensure that your meals were the highlight of your day, they are DREADFUL. If you are into Tofu, Sushi, Miso, Edamame, Tempeh etc you will survive. Don’t expect hotel quality food, this is prison food for sure. It comes lukewarm and soggy as it is wrapped up in cardboard boxes. I have complained several times and to NO avail. Do they not know that lots of us are paying a load of $$$$ for this pleasure!!
Would not recommend that anybody does MIQ.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacquelines206

Kia Ora jacquelines206,

Thank you for your review on a Managed Isolation Facility.

Together with the governmental agencies, the team is working tirelessly since the beginning of the pandemic to keep New Zealand safe.

We would like to remind you that the hotel is operating under the Government umbrella as a Managed Isolation Facility, not as a 5 star hotel.

Take care and stay safe.

Hei kona,

Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks while in managed isolation & quarantine. The staff were friendly and helpful, very impressed with how the operation was executed. Room was comfortable clean and spacious. Food was great with plenty of it and lots to choose from. I left with a bag full of extra snacks! Thankyou for a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank knbrown24
Mercure Auckland, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2021

Kia Ora Knbrown24,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable iso with us and that our staff made you feel welcome and well looked after.
We do hope you made it home safely to your loved ones and hope you are enjoying life as much as your snacks.

Stay Safe.

Reviewed 23 July 2020

I planed on staying for 4 nights in March at the Grand Mercure Auckland but had to leave after two nights because the borders were closing. Because I used a third party to book, they called to get a refund for the two nights I didn't stay but were told that I was actually there for 4 nights and will not issue a refund. That is an absolute lie and I have plane boarding tickets to prove.

To add insult to injury, I had to leave the hotel at 2:30 am so I booked a taxi through the front desk. I was told that it will be 30 dollars for the airport. Well, the taxi waiting for me asked for 80 dollars when we arrived at the airport.

I'm so disappointed, since New Zealand was on my bucket list and first, I had to leave early, and then I was cheated by the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank 251mihaelan
Mercure Auckland, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2020

Dear Mihaela Negura,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our staff takes a lot of pride in the one of a kind service we provide and it's very disappointing to see your experience with us was not the standard we are accustomed to sharing. Please know that we appreciate and take all the feedback you provided on board and as a team we will work and reflect to improve our daily service.

Stay safe.