All reviews emily place ensuite room laundry service budget hotel queen street quiet at night central location beds were comfortable sky tower car park auckland city concert kettle twin arena britomart
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Room was run down, paint peeling off the walls and the bathrooms were disgusting with mould and filth everywhere. Was in a room under a walkway and got no sleep as all I could hear was people coming and going all night long. Room stunk and was overall a very terrible stay. I understand that this is a backpackers however a level of service and quality is still required. Unimpressive. Would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
jucylucy_11, Guest Relations Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thanks for the review - we really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. I have passed your feedback onto our hotel manager, as guest satisfaction is extremely important to us. It would have been great for our front of house staff at reception to be notified of your discomfort and lack of sleep at the time, as they would have been happy to shift you into another room.

Thanks,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have slept one night at jucy snooze and i have to admit i have been disappointed (and I was not expecting much). I understand it is a low cost accommodation but there are things I believe are unacceptable even for a low cost such has having spider webs in the room or generally the poor condition on the facilities. Please refer to the picture. I think it does cost much to do the right thing and fix this small issues that make the overall experience unpleasant and doesn’t help the brand. I would suggest the manager of this place to visit rooms and facilities and ensure facilities and rooms are in good conditions.

On the plus side the staff has been really friendly!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Hi there,

Thank you for the review - we really appreciate the feedback. We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as you had hoped. I have passed your feedback regarding the spider webs onto our hotel manager as our housekeeping team are usually very thorough. I have also passed this onto our operations manager, as we are currently looking at ways in which we can improve the guest experience and spruce up the rooms and facilities.

Thanks again for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Awesome staff, great location, good room. I booked for 3 days and stayed in a Hotel room with ensuite. The staff were always friendly, the room was great and price was cheap. Location was amazing, literally 5 minutes from Queen St, Spark Arena and the Wharf. Room was very warm and the shower had good flow, better than some upmarket hotels I’ve stayed at. Can’t fault at all. Will be staying here again. Yeah some noise from other guests but its no big deal.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
jucylucy_11, Guest Relations Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your glowing review! It's awesome to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our ensuite rooms and found the location convenient. I will pass on your positive feedback regarding our staff to our hotel manager!

We hope to see you again soon during your next adventure in Auckland!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Hello everybody...

Friend warning: if you are looking for a clean and hygienic campervan, just run away from Jucy!!! I think they misunderstood the concept, and assumed that adventurous people accept dirty places!!

I just wanted to let you all guys know how was my experience with Jucy, so any of you goes through the same problems we did!

I rented a campervan for 12 days in Christchurch, and just returned today!!

I will highlight the main problems:

1. The toilet was FULL of poop.. especially in the outside

2. We were told that the water tanks would be full of clean water, and to use the sink and the shower we would only need to turn the water pump on. As our trip started and we wanted to use the facilities, neither the shower or the sink worked (we thought that the pump was not working)! For 2 days we had to pay expensive camperparks so we could take shower! What we finally found out was that the water tanks were completely empty, being so we filled it and started using the sink.

3. Later on that same day, during our trip, we felt a really bad smell! When we opened the toilet door, the toilet was flooded with a brown, dirty and disgusting water! What we later found out was that "dirty water" reservatory was full from the previous trip, and as we used the sink even for a little bit, the reservatory overflowed to the inside of the toilet! As you can imagine we had to spend time cleaning someone elses dirty and veeery smelly water!!!

4.Not talking anymore about the toilet, the sink, or the water systems, overall the cleanliness of the vehicle was not good!

5. The blankets provided was full of stains, and did not smell washed at all!

Today as we returned the vehicle we were asked how was our trip! We of course gave the receptionist the feedback and remarked all the highlighted points above. He was very polite and carefully heard us. He said he was sorry and asked for a few minutes so he could speak to the manager and see what they could do for us! For a brief moment we thought they would try to somehow redeem themselves by giving us some kind of discount (afterall we paid for a vehicule with all the facilities included, and of all, we could just use the kitchen, cause as you can imagine the toilet was way to disgusting to be used after all the events listed, and we had to ended up paying for expensive camparks throughout our entire trip). But unfortunatelly it was just an ilusion, and Jucy proved that they are not a company that knows how to treat their client!!

So what I can tell you my friends is not to give up coming to this amazing country!!! It is stunningly beautifull!!! The advice I would give you is find a good company that will be actually be a good company throughout your journey, even if this means paying a little bit "more"! :))

Regards,

Eduarda França

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EduardaFran
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

It was actually pretty good stay regardless noisy “neighbors”. The room itself was quite comfortable, and as a big bonus/very friendly staff. The bathroom and toilets was shared a looked a bit tired, a little reinivation would be great. Overall, I was satisfied with its my stay

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
jucylucy_11, Guest Relations Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the review - we really appreciate the feedback! It's awesome to hear that you had a comfortable stay and we pride ourselves on our helpful and friendly staff so I will pass this positive feedback onto the team. Thank you for bringing the shared bathrooms to our attention - I will pass your feedback regarding the shared bathrooms onto our hotel manager and operations manager.

Thanks,