3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$133
Hotel Website$133
Priceline$133
travelup.com$134
Hotels.com$133
Traveluro$149
2,856 results
All reviews sky tower great location new zealand nice room comfy bed auckland city waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2020

I found the Hotel Manager James exceptionally helpful, welcoming, flexible accomodating,polite and a real credit to his employers and the tourist industry in general.
I have had excellent service and been phoned on a daily basis asking if they could assist me in any way a plentyful supply of compilmentary toiletries, drinks, milk sugar,soap ect has been supplied without the need to ask.
The attractive rooftop area of the hotel is utilised and covered and heated the area is availble for exercise, meetings, weddings and functions of all types.
I have found the room service meals are of execptional quaility with excellent healthy ingredients of adequate volume which is often a fail for many five star hotels.
Generally the Hotel room fittings are modern new paint and carpet with modern bathrooms, iron ironing board,fridge,king bed,armchair,plenty of pillows,desk,free wi fi, endless T.V Channels the propety cannot be faulted thanks a large part I suspect to the Hotels Manager.
I have enjoyed my stay very much and would recommend the property to anyone.

Room tip: My room 1410 had million dollar views overlooking the harbour bridge, viaduct and Westhaven and C.B.D
Date of stay: May 2020
James_Billing12, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2020

Thank you John for your kind comments and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Stay safe, Kind Regards, James Billing

Reviewed 8 May 2020

Hotel room a good size with a comfortable bed but the view into a quadrangle was not the best. Breakfast buffet had a wide range on offer, if a bit pricey (Auckland prices?). All the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially when we arrived after 30 hours travelling and just wanted our bed! Worth asking the concierge about discounts on tours, etc. Hotel near to sky tower (2-3 minutes), city bus tour (by Sky tower) and harbour (10 minute walk).

Date of stay: February 2020

Thank you Oldie1958 for your kind comments. I must confess reading your review during the lockdown was quite nostalgic. We look forward to returning to those times. Until then stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards, James Billing

Reviewed 3 April 2020

Stayed after getting locked down by virus. All fine but kitchen would not allow metal cutlery and normal crockery to be used, all room service was from cardboard box .
Despite lockdown rules, we were allowed to go out for exercise so it was good to get away from the room.

Date of stay: April 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James_Billing12, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2020

Thank you Stiffy192, the team and I appreciate the feedback. I would mention never in my hotel career did I think we would have to resort to serving room service in takeaway/ biodegradable containers but such is the new normal. Stay safe and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards,
James Billing

Reviewed 26 March 2020

Good comfortable hotel, centrally located near the Sky Tower. If arriving from the airport using the SkyBus service get of at stop 10 on Queen Street, Auckland. The hotel is located on a street running parallel to Queen Street but up a fairly steep hill - especially if pushing two heavy suitcases!

Room tip: Centrally located close to Sky Tower and about 10 minutes walk from the Port area.
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank E8840FKpeterw

Thank you E8840FK for your kind comments and review. The team and I wish you all the best in the coming weeks, stay safe and we hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, James Billing

Reviewed 20 March 2020

Warm welcome, offered an upgrade due to GHA status to a lovely corner room on the top floor with great views north west across the harbour.
Room looked recently updated - very very good size, super clean, fast wifi, comfy beds & a hot shower. All the comforts you need for a superb hotel stay.
The location is second to none - easy access to the Viaduct, Harbour Ferries, Casino, Queen Street, main highway to the airport .
I didnt eat in the hotel as there are so many reasonable and not so reasonable choices withing a 5-10 minute walk - your spoiled for choice.
One negative: storing all of the tour group bags around the lobby - looks untidy & uninviting.
I would return.

Room tip: High floors for more light & views
Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank KiwiNZExplorer
JamesPBilling, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2020

Thank you KiwiNZExplorer for your kind comments and feedback. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards, James Billing