This was a short unplanned trip with my 3 year old. I jumped onto here to get some ideas and it seemed there weren't many choices in Auckland as I wanted 5 star. I don't know how this is a 5 star hotel. Previous to this trip I just returned from a trip in Bangkok and stayed in 5 star, which was amazing amazing and so my expectations were quite high of the next hotel I stayed at
The service is great but the rooms are extremely tired and need much upgrading. The bathrooms are grimy and I was itching to go buy some bleach and soak them overnight! The daily housekeeping is also not up to scratch. Because I chose a harbour view room I quickly realised where the money you pay goes to..Its the view. Yes the view is magnificent but probably not that appreciated by me as I surely didn't want to sit on the verandah all day. The rooms are very small and it can get daunting with a young child. The location is also not so ideal unless you have a car. You will need a pram with young kids as they will get tired half way to the main central shopping area. If walking by yourself you can get there within 5-8 minutes however those of you with young kids would know that it doubles the walking time,
Honestly the price they charge it really baffles me, I guess its probably one of the better hotels around there but I just cant grasp the 5 star part because it really didnt seem that way to me,Basically you are paying for a view and that's it. Honestly has no "wow" factor what so ever
The internet charges are way too expensive when most hotels give it complementary. Breakfast was clean and presentable but the selection and quality not so great.
I probably would not stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand