1,339 results
All reviews sky tower great location queen street victoria street within walking distance countdown supermarket convenience store new zealand small kitchenette corner room inner city buffet breakfast short stay auckland microwave cbd harbour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On arrival it look a little too long to be served as there was no one else waiting. Once we had checked in our room was meant to be a twin but was a queen. This seemed to be a drama but was eventually sorted. The room was dated and the bed was really uncomfortable. The price was good, so i guess you get what you pay for. Im glad the hotel is located so central.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Best Western P, Front Office Manager at Best Western President Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good afternoon BexFlem,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations and the time that took for your check-in process. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We are in the process of upgrading our facilities and will ensure that your future experience would be better.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 64 9 303 1333.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located 2 mins walk to Sky Tower one way & Queen Street the other way. Walking distance to Ferry Terminal, and Spark Arena. Friendly staff. Great buffet breakfast. Booked 2 bedroom unit which had a kitchenette but no lounge so if you want a lounge, remember to book the 2 bedroom unit.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western P, Front Office Manager at Best Western President Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kazlock,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Team and I are delighted to have you stayed with us. I too agree with you about our convenient city central location; We are so fortunate to be positioned in the heart of Auckland city central. We appreciate your comments in regards to our helpful staff and will pass on your comments to the entire team, they are a friendly bunch and the comments will certainly assist the team with providing the motivation to keep up the good work.

We thank you for staying with us and are looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a good hotel for location, cleanliness, and accessibility. We arrived from Canada after many hours of flight and were able to get into our rooms by 9 a.m. We have a two-bedroom suite with a small kitchenette between the two rooms. One room does not have windows but we didn’t stay in our rooms much.

Close to the Sky Tower, grocery stores, and the harbour.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear G S

Thank you for your recent review; it was a pleasure having you as our guest. We pride ourselves on being centrally located and being value for money in the City Center. We always strive to go that extra mile for our all our guests and assist wherever possible. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Once again thank you for staying with us and are looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Greeted warmly on arrival, partner having no photo ID seemed to be a problem at first. Glad we didn't pay full price as definitely not worth the money. Unit was nice, roman blind curtain not block out & cord could do with a clean, good water pressure in the shower. Clearly hear street noise from outside. Bed was "frim" could feel the springs and needed more bedding as I was really cold during the night, ended up putting on a tee shirt over my night wear. However convenient to shops, bus stops, supermarket, bars, restaurants

Room Tip: Does offer buffet breakfast in dining room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Adrienne F,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. All guests are required to show a photo identification upon check-in to ensure that we are checking in the right person and the name on the booking matches to the photo identity shown. We can't do the proxy check-in unless it's mention in the notes that the person arriving at the hotel will be different. Please accept my apology for not exceeding your expectations in terms of the room and the amenities, we are the process of upgrading our facilities. We have heaters in all our rooms to make all our guests stay comfy and warm specially in the cold nights.

Again, thank you for providing your comments and suggestions, we hope we can provide you with better experience on your next visit.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 0064 9 303 1333.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was a very nice size with a mini kitchen but that is the best I can say. The bed room was TINY and it was difficult to get out of one of the beds. I had 2 springs that poked me so it was hard to find a comfortable spot. We had to buy ear plugs because the walls were so thin and our room faced the street. There were people screaming from the bungee ride across the street, sirens and loud people all night. Every time a door closed near us we felt the jar. The bathroom was fine except for the shower. There was a raised plug in the middle that I cut my foot on and my daughter tripped on. You had to shower very quick or you would get cold water. We are from the US so there may be different standards here than we are used to but we would never stay here again. We walked around the block and there were homeless people sleeping on the sidewalk and panhandlers all over. Not what I am comfortable with.

Room Tip: NOT in the front
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear ck2694

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. All our windows are double glaze designed for sound proof however, we are in the process of upgrading our facilities and all other amenities. I will pass on your comments to the maintenance department to check and fix the issue.
Regarding the homeless and beggars, We have already written to Auckland Council several times for them being all over the Auckland City. Unfortunately this is beyond our control.