“Unique Experience And Delicious”
Review of Giapo

Giapo
Ranked #1 of 70 Dessert in Auckland Central
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: A New Zealand icecream experience in the heart of Auckland city. Icecream made with Seasonal, local produce and lots of imagination.
Reviewed 11 January 2018

If you are in Auckland then one must visit Giapo. This is probably good to call it as an Ice cream Boutique as the experience in here is different. You are greeted by a staff who asks you variety of questions and helps you find the icecream that suits your pallet. My personal experience had me got an extra scoop of icecream for free. I had chosen a garden strawberry (i dont' remember the exact name of the flavour) scoop along with one avocado scoop but since the Chef made me 2 scoops of the Garden strawberry flavour so I got the avocado scoop for free. I would recommend the avocado icecream . the waffles are different and if you have kids along with you then don't take them into the store.. :P

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Before you get to the ice cream, the customer service blows you away. It's an ice cream shop that might intimidate you the first time around because there's a lot going on that is completely unfamiliar to you. But everything goes really smoothly and works out perfectly. We were welcomed as we entered and given any samples we might want--man, many samples were brought to us beyond what we'd asked for, because our initial selection of what to try was just not enough for us to make an informed decision as first-time customers. Then we were walked thru the process of selecting flavors of ice cream, picking a cone (wide variety) or cup, and deciding how to top what we'd selected (we all went with the Giapo suggestions when it came to toppings). There was no rushing, and there was never a moment of "I don't know what I'm doing and everybody else is waiting for me to get it together and order." After having a great welcome and introduction to what was on offer, we waited outside until everything was brought out to us. Wow. Ice Cream made and prepared with as much care as went into welcoming us thru the door. We eat a lot of ice cream and gelato when we travel, and this was a totally new experience from start to finish.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit. The first time, this place impressed me. But the portion was too big. It was too much for me. So this time I asked whether they had a smaller size. Bingo!! Yes the kid size. There were two new flavours; avocado sweet soy gravy and fresh strawberry and cream. The winner was the strawberry one. It was so refreshing. My friend had the chocolate evolution, her favourite and her mom had the kofe samoa.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Visiting Giapo was an Auckland holiday highlight for me! Great service, a stunning selection of ice cream options, even waiting and seeing the ice cream’s being constructed was all part of the experience.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Food:
Giapo, is an amazing establishment for ice cream, and a must for Auckland Central, anything you select on the menu is just delicious. There’s nothing else to say.

Service:
The service of the waitstaff at Giapo can be describe was extremely professional, and relatable.

X-Factor and Physical Presence:
I believe that with their (somewhat) recent location change, they need to revisit how their customers are served, there is a loss of ‘X-Factor’ that used to be felt from their previous store on Queen Street. I believe that the physical separation of the customers and actual ice cream making is to blame, there is a loss of magic for the customer. All Giapo is now is: amazing service service, and amazing food.

Summary:
Giapo have lost a little bit of their magic, how ever their service and food are still amazing. A must if you haven’t tried them before - But there isn’t anything to keep you going back.