3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 08/07/22
Free cancellation until 09/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 07/07/22
Hotels.com$208
Sofitel$208
Traveluro$235
All reviews rooftop bar high society complimentary minibar the club lounge hotel is fantastic small things auckland foyer isolation staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2020

If you are wanting to stay somewhere with a point of difference - So/Auckland is the hotel for you. As soon as you pull up, you are welcomed by efficient friendly staff and given the royal treatment. As you book in, you are given a refreshing fruity tea. The foyer is dark, moody and modern. The rooms are funky, modern and opulent. The food (Had both dinner and breakfast) is first rate - service was superb and couldnt be faulted. Wonderful view from the Restaurant over the water. Would certainly recommend So if you are looking for something a little different and wanting exceptional care and service.

Date of stay: March 2020
Stephen Gould, General Manager at SO/ Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear angelasadventure,

We are SO pleased to hear you loved your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us (and the many TripAdvisor fans). It's great to read that you also enjoyed your dinner and breakfast experience at Harbour Society.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again sometime soon for another great stay.

Reviewed 7 March 2020

I arrived on Thursday and left Sunday, and was thoroughly impressed by the quality of the room and the staff's service. I had purchased a Club room as the size, layout, and view appealed to me, but I blown away by how welcome the staff of the Club itself made me feel. My especial thanks to the young woman who went on a hotel wide search for Campari after I asked if they could make me a Negroni cocktail, that was well over and above my expectations.

Breakfast at Harbour Society was very good, and I hope to visit it for dinner on my next trip to Auckland.

My only complaint is in regards to the quality of the sound-proofing in the room, which was insufficient to keep out the noise from the HI-SO bar.

Room tip: Northfacing rooms overlook Britomart and the Harbour. A room in the middle is a good idea, the rooftop HI-SO can be as loud as the traffic.

Dear roberttU4661LS,

Thank you for the five star review and we're really happy you enjoyed your stay in a SO Club room, with the accompanying Club Signature benefits. We appreciate the kind words about Som, our Club guru who was determined to fulfil your Negroni wishes. She is a great ambassador for the SO/ Auckland spirit and we'll be sure to say well done and thanks to her.

We hope to welcome you back for another great stay sometime soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2020

Really enjoyed my stay here. The service was wonderful and possibly among the best from any hotel I have stayed at, and I stay at a lot of hotels! In particular the staff in the Executive lounge were outstanding and a credit the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Stephen Gould, General Manager at SO/ Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Dave864,

Thank you for the great review and full five star rating. We're pleased to read you had a wonderful time at SO/ Auckland and that this was one of the best experiences you have had in hotels. We'll be sure to recognize the team at the Club Signature for their excellent efforts.

We hope to see you again soon.

Stephen Gould - General Manager SO/ Auckland

Reviewed 2 March 2020

Modern hotel with a great location, just across the road from Brittomart and the waterfront. All staff were extremely helpful and attentive. Rooms were a bit odd....no bathroom door and the bath is in the corner of the lounge. Quite dark and not as comforting as I like a hotel to be. Bed was excellent and the room was quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Stephen Gould, General Manager at SO/ Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Dear EJM223,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate the kinds words about the helpfulness and attentiveness of our staff. We do have so many different room options and we will be sure to showcase a few different choices for you next time. I'm confident we can provide a room to your liking on your next stay.

We hope to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2020

Unusual hotel and very well placed in the CBD.
Enjoyed our stay and the breakfast was very good, along with the views from the dining room.
I would say that some small things became apparent, and showed a degree of “form over function”.
The bathroom sinks are very small and shallow and no matter how careful you are, you make a splashy mess over the mirror.
The tap needed to come into the Centre of the sink about one more inch and this wouldn’t happen
Secondly, only one bedside lamp. Had to have all the lights on to read. Small things, but things that cheaper, more ordinary hotels manage.

Date of stay: February 2020
Stephen Gould, General Manager at SO/ Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear EverythingsGood,

Thank you for the largely positive review and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We have just three rooms with the sink you described so we'll be sure to allocate a different room for you next time. Just remind us upon booking.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,