Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,110 results
All reviews beach road great location bedroom apartment countdown supermarket washing machine queen street car park good size nice breakfast minute walk ferry terminal central location free wifi easy walk street noise inner city auckland cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2019

We arrived early in the morning and the room was not ready yet. We were able to stash our bags and get directions to nearby coffee house for a much needed cup.
Checkin was easy and the room was upgraded to 2 bedrooms. The room was comfortable and clean. There was a washer and dryer in the bathroom which was very convenient.
We chose to have breakfast in the hotel for a reasonable price and it was pretty good selection.
The hotel was close to nice restaurants and the central area.
All in all an enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine H
Reservations T, General Manager at Nesuto Stadium Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2019

Dear Katherine H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Waldorf Stadium.

I'm delighted to read your review and glad you had a memorable experience and enjoyed the hotels facilities and the upgrade to the two bedroom.It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 26 May 2019

I have absolutely no regrets staying at this hotel for 1.5wks with a friend. Sure, the rooms aren't as modernly designed as a hotel and the wifi drops off quite a bit. But overall, I won't hesitate to stay here again.

Location: It's pretty central and close to the harbour. So it's a nice walk to both areas with Queen Street being very accessible.

Check-in and check-out: Super easy. We arrived at around 9-10am and asked if we could do early check-in. They accommodated with a small fee, which was fine because we just came from a 9hr+ flight. And we got lucky because we got a free upgrade from a studio room to a 2-bedroom!

Room: Spacious, a bit tired, but no dust as pointed out by my friend as she starts sneezing when a place is dusty. It's an apartment so it's equipped with a living room, dining area, kitchen, washing machine and dryer. Tried the TV on but it was grainy - no issues as we weren't there to stay indoors and watch TV anyway. The kitchen is fully equipped from pans to toaster to cutlery, dishwashing items, coffee, tea, milk etc -- so it was a breeze for us to cook breakfast or steak dinner after doing grocery shopping at Countdown 5mins away. Also, there were so many towels provided and a cozy blanket for each room when it got too cold. We used the heater sometimes when it got chilly at night. But one thing to note is they don't provide bathroom items such as toothbrush, toothpaste and such. They did have make up remover.

Service: Since this isn't a hotel, they won't clean your place everyday which was no issue for us. They have schedules on when to clean your place depending on how long your stay is. But the reception for this particular place is 24/7 so you can just pop down and get anything you need from the reception. Easy peasy.

Reception: These guys were amaaazing! Special shout out to Marco and the one who checked us in (I unfortunately didn't get his name). They're usually on the night-to-early-morning shift and the activity during the morning is super busy! But they managed to multi task everything, stay calm and give great service throughout. I had to extend my stay from a week to 1.5wks and Marco was super helpful! He found a way so I could extend and not move rooms. I had problems booking an extension and he spent so much time helping me until the booking got through successfully. If I could name a highlight for this stay, it's how every single person at the reception desk has been super helpful with a smile on their face no matter what time of day you speak with them.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel for the location, room being spacious and clean, and the impeccable service of the reception folks. They handled my circumstances really well - early check-in, stay extension, extra requests because I was on a company sponsored stay, and also needed some documents to help with opening my bank accounts and such. I would've given 5 stars if the wifi didn't drop off as much.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reservations T, General Manager at Nesuto Stadium Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2019

Dear Bic223,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Waldorf Stadium on your recent travels.

I'm delighted to read your review and glad you had a memorable experience and enjoyed the hotels location and the customer service the staff offered. The team and Marco would be delighted to hear about review.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 20 May 2019

I checked in shortly after midnight; The internet did not work, which was a problem for me, as I was traveling for business and had to work on presentations. Tony, who was at the night reception went beyond usual service and tried to get the wireless working in my room first. As he could not solve it, he moved me to another another room, but only after he checked that the wireless connection in the new room was 100% working.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reservations T, General Manager at Nesuto Stadium Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2019

Dear Tr2349,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Waldorf Stadium on your recent travels. I'm delighted to read your review and glad that Tony looked after you. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 20 May 2019 via mobile

I thought the hotel was nice. It had everything we needed from utensils to washer and dryer. Nice size and clean. However our internet service is almost nonexistent. None of the phones connected and the laptop was very slow. Took a while to load a page, and YouTube videos at 320mb lowest resolution was barely able to watch without interruptions of disconnect... that’s why I couldn’t give the 5stars.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank visualcaptain
Reservations T, General Manager at Nesuto Stadium Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Dear Vishalcaptain,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Waldorf Stadium on your recent travels. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotels location and facilities.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a three day business trip on recommendation from the travel agent. I don’t think I’ll take their advice next time.

My room was an “A” room down the very end of the building. The layout inside was relatively spacious but odd - my single bedroom and the bathroom were at opposite ends of the kitchenette and sofa area.

My view from both the bathroom and the living area was directly into the neighbouring business only metres away who work late and start early. Because of this my blinds were lowered at all times making the room feel quite confined.

The regular facilities are all there but fairly average in quality. The TV is small, the picture was grainy and the audio constantly dropped out. The wifi is incredibly slow and constantly dropped out as well.

The room was a bit tired. When I sat on the sofa I fell into it. My air conditioner unit was falling apart off the wall, so I didn’t dare turn it on. One of the two light fixtures in my bathroom was loose from the ceiling and the bulb in my bedside lamp had blown. The pillows were plentiful, which was handy because they were also very flat when you put your head on them.

These are all issues I’d expect a hotel on top of their things to be inspecting and resolving before letting a room out to a paying customer. Another noticeably absent item compared to other hotels and serviced apartments I’ve stayed in is a simple complimentary bottle of water.

The bed was comfy. I’ll give them that. But the rest needs addressing before I book in here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear TJE07,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities. Our aim is to always ensure our guests receive a memorable stay and I do apologize.

On a more positive note, I am glad to hear that you found the beds comfortable.Should you wish to discuss this matter further I encourage you to contact with me directly on swathi.kota@waldorf.co.nz