“Character building” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Elliott Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Auckland
The Elliott Hotel
Ranked #45 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Victoria, Canada
“Character building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This hotel had large apartment-sized rooms with full kitchen and washer/dryer. It was fairly modern, especially the bathroom. The living room needed another chair or loveseat but other than that it had everything we needed and was good value for the money. The Stables next door were handy for meals and conveniently had free WiFi. Also, off-street parking was available which was nice in a busy city.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beth R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Enjoyed stay, friendly staff. Big room good amenities. Close to everything, waterfront a short walk. Would return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 1JayB
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Think "19th century fully furnished single apartment", right in the heart of Auckland and walking distance to everything. The rooms are *huge* with ridiculously high ceilings (14 foot?!). They have in-room kitchenettes that are fully furnished, so you could eat in every meal. There's no bathtub, but the bathrooms are quite fine. You won't find your standard hotel accommodations, like fitness rooms, in-hotel restaurants, concierge service, etc. But this really is an outstanding hotel for location, space and value. And if you don't want to cook in the room, you won't go hungry. There are tons of great restaurants everywhere.

And, you're one block away from Giapo's!!

When I go to new cities, I usually want to get out of the hotel as much as absolutely possible. I can't remember the last time I was on a trip, where I looked forward to coming back to my room as much as I did here at the Elliott. If I ever get the chance to come back to Auckland (and I hope I do), I won't even think of staying anywhere else. If I did, I'm sure I'd be disappointed.

I loved staying here so much, that I really didn't want to go home ...

Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank vagabiztravlr
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed here during the Rugby World Cup 2011, and this seemed to be the only hotel left available that had not hiked it's prices up ridiculously!.
It is an absolutely beautiful old building, done up very nicely, and the "Executive Studio" we stayed in was wonderful. It contained a king sized bed, two seater couch & TV, small dining table and chairs, plus desk and chair. The kitchen area had everything one would want, and there was a washing machine and dryer in the bathroom.
It was large, spacious, beautifully decorated, with full maid service every day.
Perfect location, right downtown on Elliott St, just a few steps down the hill to Queen St, bus stops, etc. And less than that to cafes, bars, shops, etc. It's a 5-10 minute walk to the university, 10 mins to the waterfront, 5 mins to the sky tower.
Very happy with our stay, not a single complaint, would definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Summery1
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I was hesitant to book for more than one night due to the other reviews about noise but I'm pleased to report we ended up staying an extra 2 nights without incident, we didn't require the earplugs reception can provide. Admittedly as expected in a heritage building the plumbing was a little noisy & we heard the odd bang or scrape from the apartment above but nothing major, perhaps it helped that we were in a room that was above the rear carpark rather than right on the street.

Great helpful check in with friendly guy on reception. There were roadworks going on outside which made it a bit confusing as to where we could park to unpack but once we were inside we were quickly given directions and a map to parking (extra $15pn for park).

Stayed here with my fiance for a long weekend bit of a business & pleasure combined and we were both happy with the room. We were in an executive suite which was really quite beautiful with it's decorative high ceilings and dark furniture it easily lends itself to romance but was also brilliant central location for me to attend my workshop.

Room was serviced daily with no issues and nice little touches like a sewing kit and shower cap which I've noticed in recent times seem to be disappearing from hotel service. We also thought we may have lost a cell phone in the room and housekeeping were very helpful in thoroughly searching with us including pulling out furniture. We also called for housekeeping for assistance with opening our safe, housekeeping staff were very nice and reception was quick to action request.

We loved the rabbit warren staircases, our favourite part of the stay was an "älice in wonderland" moment where we opened a non descript door to find a vibrant artisan food alley behind.

A couple of issues worth mentioning though are the carpark and the king bed. If you arrive back late the access through Elliot Stables is locked so you will have to walk up a dark lane, probably wouldn't have done it if I were alone. The king bed is two singles pushed together so you can end up slipping in the gap in the night.

Overall a great value (@$155 NZD pn) hotel right in town with great little bars and restaurants in the same building. We willl definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple