All reviews single bed ground floor late at night min walk manukau kettle
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We decided to stay at the Auckland Newmarket Motel for one night when we arrived in Auckland. The lady at reception was lovely. The room was basic (a single and double bed both very comfy with a couple of bucket chairs, a tv, fridge, kettle etc) but spacious and we had access to free wifi and parking. You were able to hear movement upstairs but nothing too drastic.

Shower had good pressure although the bathroom didn't have any ventilation so it got hot and sticky.

We were able to walk into town to get something to eat.

The room was well priced. And overall we were happy with it.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Fridge freezes everything.
Iron doesn't steam or get hot.
Microwave door doesn't open.
Power point not fastened to wall.
Toaster with damaged plug and protruding screws where someone broke it.
Plug too small for sink.

10/10 handymen would fix.
Multiple hazards if you have children, and probably illegal from an electrical basis.

Should've stayed in a backpackers, saved money and gotten better facilities.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2017

I stayed for one night on a Wednesday. This was a reasonable place to stay for the price we were charged ($200 for 3 adults). The room was clean and tidy with both a bathroom and ensuite. There was plenty of space in the room as well.
Given that Auckland has a lot of traffic the sound insulation wasn't the best as I could clearly hear the road traffic. While I did not hear any sounds from my neighbours I did have very creaky stairs in my unit that could have caused another person irritation.
Overall this gets a 3/5 as it had both pros and cons although I think for the most part you get what you pay for here.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Very basic accom. Room was very musty smelling and think this is due to the lack of ventilation in the room. No air con, no fan in bathroom, the only way to air the room is to open all the windows. Was given a 2 bedroom unit and would be very disappointed if I required two bedrooms. Effectively it is a room downstairs and another upstairs with no living room.
Shower is over a spa bath so anyone with mobility issues should be aware of this as it is a big step to get into the spa bath for a shower

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2017

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I was a bit worried what I was going to find when I checked in.
The room (unit 11 - queen studio) was clean and tidy. Yes the decor was dated and a bit old, but for the price and location I was pleasantly surprised. Lady on the desk was friendly and helpful. The whole place needs an update but I would go back.

Date of stay: March 2017