All reviews single bed ground floor late at night min walk manukau kettle
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Very basic accom. Room was very musty smelling and think this is due to the lack of ventilation in the room. No air con, no fan in bathroom, the only way to air the room is to open all the windows. Was given a 2 bedroom unit and would be very disappointed if I required two bedrooms. Effectively it is a room downstairs and another upstairs with no living room.
Shower is over a spa bath so anyone with mobility issues should be aware of this as it is a big step to get into the spa bath for a shower

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2017

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I was a bit worried what I was going to find when I checked in.
The room (unit 11 - queen studio) was clean and tidy. Yes the decor was dated and a bit old, but for the price and location I was pleasantly surprised. Lady on the desk was friendly and helpful. The whole place needs an update but I would go back.

Date of stay: March 2017
2  Thank nixst2016
Reviewed 22 March 2017

This is the worst place that I have ever stayed. The weirdos upstairs walked around the room until 2am. This would not be a problem in a normal hotel but the floors creek like crazy. It was so loud. You could also hear every word they were saying. Nightmare scenario. Never ever again. Actually very angry.

Room tip: If you absolutely have to stay, stay upstairs
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jack J
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in studio 4. First the motel had stuffed up my booking but luckily they still had room for us. It was an average room. Beds were comfy, shower was nice, room was clean and tidy. Wall heater was cracked and had been patched up, door handle inside was coming off, towel rail in bathroom not secure. Could definitely be updated. It was fine for us, we aren't too fussy. Location was great, close to Mount Smart Stadium. Petrol station, dairy, pizza, fish n chips, cafe all close by which was great.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2017

My family and I stayed here for a about a week. We chose this motel because of it's location and because it looked like the best option for our family.

Our first impression was "Oh no!", but this did improve to a "not so bad" by the end of our stay. What made it terrible? Here's the list:
- Bed was rock hard
- room was like a prison cell, very little sunlight and space
- Sky TV was not free
- WiFi not free
- Dodgy fridge, that kept us up at night
- Panel heater broken
- No AC
- Very little car parking

The one thing in favour for this motel is it's location. New Market is walking distance from this motel. But that's it's only advantage.

Will not stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2017