See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Disgusting place. The armchair next to our bed hadn't been vacuumed in months. The floor was dirty, not vacuumed in the corners. The hot water is well over the recommended temperature. I had a fall getting out of the shower due to the hot water and slippery floor. I fractured a rib. When I told the owners all they could say was: That hasn't happened before. Not are you okay or anything like that. The sign outside said very quiet. IT IS NOT. Cars coming and going at all hours of the night. Car doors banging, bedroom doors banging. This place is a disaster. We have stayed in the past, but never again. This has really gone downhill. It needs a serious makeover, or sack the cleaner. Even if a place is old doesn't mean it can't be clean. The table in the room was glass and was just sitting on the base. Not held on with anything. When I hurt myself I leaned on the edge to get up and the glass nearly came with me. The place is an accident waiting to happen.

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank Suzanne D
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I would not recommend this motel. It was run down and very drab. To make things worse the reception attendant was curt...... certainly not helpful and friendly. The bedding did not look clean although the bed itself was comfortable. I definitely would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Not only is this the single finest establishment in NZ, offering the best facilities with friendly staff but it is also an experience to remember for a lifetime. It holds a special place in all of our memories and really emphasises the point that sometimes it is not about the destination, but about the journey. 5 star. A+++

Room Tip: Avoid room 1, the toilet door swings open without notice
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sam B
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

We booked via AA a quiet room. The motel has around 28 Units and when we arrived, we again asked the Owner for a quiet room to which he agreed to.
We got a ground floor room and when we entered the curtains in the room were closed so we went to bed, only to be woken up at 2.00am when a family entered their room above us. Next to our room was the iron staircase. ..very noisy. Why didn't he offered us a quiet one, as only 4 units of 28 were occupied? Both owners weren't very friendly either. The motel itself is 1967style. You have to wait 20 minutes between showers so the hot water can reheat, but that's all fine except we couldn't bloody sleep, as the same happened at 7.00am when the family checked out. Very very bad customer service and hospitality

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ASSINDIA1
Reviewed 18 February 2015

Stayed here a few nights in December 2014. Had one of the two storey rooms at the front. Had great wifi service, all the required amenities, very comfortable beds with electric blankets, great tvs and fresh towels daily. Staff are friendly and will help in anyway possible. Plenty of parking and no complaints.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family