“very dirty and very expensive!”

and 1 more site!
Exclusive Backpackers
Ranked #36 of 59 Speciality Lodging in Perth
Zurich
“very dirty and very expensive!”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Perth is a very expensive city in terms of accomodation that is why we booked a Backpackers there. We booked a Doubleroom with private bathroom but what we got there is not what you expect for 95 AUS a night. We arrived late at night very tired, and realized the very dirty bathroom the next day. The shower curtain was BLACK and not usable anymore. We gave notice to the manager about this issues and she told us that they will clean the room again. When we came back we found our bathroom without a shower curtain (and it was never replaced during our stay), and still very dirty.
There is a kitchen and a fridge downstairs, but we were to afraid to cook something there because as well the kitchen had a bad smell and was dirty as well.
When we checked out we asked about our room bill- because the rate confirmed to us was 95 per night and we were charged 98 AUS. The Manager told us that they had change the prices in October, but we had a confirmation before that date- another thing which is not acceptable in our opnion.
Our suggestion is when you are in Perth do not stay in this place- it is much to expensive for what you get, you can not even expect a standard like a clean room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mell27
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at this hostel for a couple of nights.
Before anything I must say that I did a fair bit of research before booking there. I was looking for a quiet place (i.e. not a party hostel) with small 3-4 bed dorms and cheap. I have the impression that Perth is an expensive city in terms of accommodation and apart from party hostels in Freementle there are not many budget options.

I booked well in advance because of a colleague's indication and asked for a bed in a 3 female dorm. When I got to the hostel I was put in a dorm with 2 men. Many men live there - they work in mining as fly in-fly out. These 2 were no exception and I felt vey uncomfortable. As it was during the weekend I could not find other accommodation and in the second night I asked to change. There were no more beds in dorms but the manager was helpful finding me a double bedroom - which costs A$80/night.

The structure is run-down - a big old house with very poor maintenance of both the bedrooms (old furniture) and common facilities. The staff is okay but I totally see where the complaints of other reviewers come from. Location is okay, a 10min walk from the city centre.

I woudn't stay there again and would not recommend to a friend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank mipontal

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

It's a great little hostel, does feel very homely as it's quite small. Although it doesn't really seem to be aimed at backpackers as there are a lot of older people living here- possibly permenantly..
For $26 a night I would definitely expect more- as it's very basic. Online it says "linen provided" although you're only given a sheet for the mattress and then have to pay for pillows and more linen if you want it- which is very tight considering $26 is not that cheap in Perth! Also it does mean that you question the cleanliness of the beds when everyone's being forced to use sleeping bags!
The beds are horribly uncomfortable, if you're lucky enough to get one of the few newer beds you're fine, but the older ones creak and sag terribly!
The one thing that bothered me most during my stay here is the lack of privacy- firstly a lot of the rooms don't have locks on the door which is really strange as anyone can walk in! Weirdly, the staff seem to think it's okay to walk into your room any hour of the day and night to do things like, check the bathroom, check the room- one morning whilst people were sleeping they actually came in and opened the curtains and turned on the lights! Almost in the same way your parents would do whilst you were living at home... very strange! They are very sweet people though- so it's not intimidating at all, just a little bizarre!!
On the plus side if you do want somewhere nice and quiet I would reccommend this place- it's very easy going and isn't by any means a party hostel- in fact it's almost discouraged. There are lots of long termers but I never had any trouble meeting people as everyone's very friendly.
So to sum up, I would have no problems staying here again, but I would definitely choose the other nicers hostel in Perth first for the same price!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We booked a room with ensuite and were quite disapointed by the quality of the room, curtains cannot be fully closed etc. Go elsewhere if you need to have a double room as this is certainly not too value for money.

Room Tip: located right next to bayswater car rental if you need to rent a car for your trip. Rates are certa...