All reviews train station city centre clean rooms pleasant stay northbridge
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

As i checked in the morning, the blond girl with glasses was unfriendly and rude. She let me hanging there for 5 minutes while she was scolding a staff. After that, she tried to get rid of us not staying there. I heard her name was Bennie. The manager did not bother at all or was obsolete. Very bad inexperience receptionist and bad management. Many cochroaches in kitchen, and quite dirty. Please check the review before staying here.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gooalbert22018
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived in Perth late at night, flying over from Cairns, met other travellers at the airport and decided to take an Uber since there were no more buses driving into town at that time on a Sunday. We spontaneously booked 2 nights in Britannia on William in a twin room (because a double room would have been slightly more expensive) despite the bad reviews we read online. The moment we stepped into the hostel we liked it. The receptionist, who worked the night we checked in, was more than friendly and some (long-term?) guests, who socialized in the courtyard (which is awesome!), greeted us in a friendly way. Maybe because we looked to tired and exhausted we received a free upgrade to a double room, which must have been freshly renovated. We could still smell the glue of the new carpet (do you know that awesome smell when you move into a brand new apartment? Yep, exactly that smell!) and the walls must have been painted not too long ago. The bed is comfy, bathrooms are clean and spacious with hot, high-pressure showers and all that right in the city centre! A hostel couldn't be located in a better place. You step out of the door and you're in the middle of everything, which does not mean it gets noisy. We had a great night and decided to have a look at the kitchen the next day since we had read so many bad things online.
Things that turned out to be wrong. The kitchen is also clean, no cockroaches or anything and we felt like the staff must have realized guests complained about the hostel's hygiene and must have fixed the problem.
We definitely cannot confirm all the bad reviews, but want to urge everyone to check out this place themselves. Great vibe, nice people to socialize with if you want, clean rooms, clean facilities, so that we decided to stay an additional night (reception will match the price you can find online!).
Recommend 100%. Thank us later.

David and Miriam

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

This place is a total mess. I booked a private room for me and my partner. Arrived early in the morning after a long flight, our room was located on the first floor. To our surprised there was maintenance going on at 7AM!!!!! Which woke us up,we only had 4/5 hours sleep maximum.I got up and told reception I wasnt happy. The blonde girl on reception told me 'unfortunatly they don't do refunds', (which was a lie may I add) I told her to call her manager and her manager told me I was entitled to a refund or the second night we booked would be free.the manager assured me there was NOT going to be maintenance happening the next day which was a massive LIE! (Power tools being used once again at 7am ) This place is also infested with cockroaches. I didn't want to cook there so I just bought a microwave meal and to my surprises I couldn't even cook that because there were 3 cockroaches in the microwave when I opened it. Beyondddddd DIRTY! I wish I read the TripAdvisor reviews before booking here. The whole place needs shutting down.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Old building, not taken care of, and full of cockroaches. Beds are noisy and uncomfortable.
I have stayed in backpackers in Melbourne, sydney, cairns, port Douglas, Byron and Brisbane and this is by far the worst one.
Location is convenient, yes. But there's a lot of places around, do not stay here.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I booked my stay at Britannia on William on Wotif.com - I wished I'd looked at tripadvisor and I'd read the reviews. I should mention that I was looking for cheapest single room I could find, and at $138 for three nights it wasn't expensive. I expected it would be a basic room, and it was; the furniture comprised of a bed, chair and table. There was an electric fan plugged in to a power board, so I was able to re-charge my phone.
The bedding looked clean, but unfortunately the rest of the room was definitely not clean. The walls were dirty and stained. The carpet was both worn and dirty - I was unwilling to walk on it without shoes. The carpet looked suitable only for disposal. The floorboards creaked loudly, but I guess that's inevitable in an old building.
I needed to keep the window open for ventilation and cooling. This let mosquitoes in as there was no insect screen. There was rubbish on both upstairs landings due to renovation work being carried out, but this may be a temporary situation.
On the positive side, the communal bathroom was reasonable and the kitchen seemed well equipped.
I am surprised that some earlier reviews use the word 'clean', as that's not my experience; maybe standards have slipped?
I would not stay here again, and I think that even on a tight budget, it would be worth spending a few more dollars to stay somewhere that's clean.
Hopefully the renovations will improve things for future travellers.

Room tip: Read the reviews first!
Date of stay: February 2018