“Awful front of house staff !!”

Britannia on William
Ranked #32 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Perth
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Considering i had been in the country for a matter of hours and this was my first interaction with Australian culture/life. The staff (Male and female) on the reception couldn't of given me a worst impression, they were AWFUL. By this i mean they were rude to not only myself, by giving me short answers to all my questions, laughing/smiling at the fact i couldn't have an early check in and had to wait 3 hours until i could get in my room, after a full day of travelling. This was not what i wanted to hear when my room wasn't even occupied! Along with this, I also over heard the gentleman be rude to at least 2 other guests and even questioned why one was checking out for another hotel like he was telling them off for leaving? Unbelievable. I have to admit though that the cleaning staff in the hotel were really friendly and approachable, the buildings location is perfect for anyone new to Perth city. However, the next time i return to Perth i will 100% be staying at a different place and luckily enough not all Australians are like these two!

Room Tip: book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelduo900
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

So I live 3 hours from Perth, but seeing as I had a Perth license I couldn't stay. I asked if having a picture of an international passport would suffice, and they assured me it would. After showing my international passport the owner said she would speak to me outside then locked me out? I was terribly confused considering they (at least the manager at the time) said a picture would suffice. Apparently not. I had to find another place to sleep, absolute WORST hostel I have EVER dealt with.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Ipalita
Andy A, Manager at Britannia on William, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thanks for your comments, but you can not really comment of our facility as you did not make it past our reception.
We credit our hostel to be a safe, clean and comfortable environment. We have rights that protect our in house guest. People can only stay here when they are guests. If people are not accepted due to not meeting requirements, we are not obliged to check them in.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

Myself and my partner only stayed here for one night, before going to the airport. We booked a double private room, the room was very clean, but basic. There was a double bed, but also a small table with a chair and also a bedside table. There was only a double socket, which had a fan and a lamp, so if both of us wanted to charge our phones at the same time, we would have to be in the room without the fan. The room was quite warm however it was just what was needed. I would book this hostel again, however I would recommend it to people who aren't going to be spending a lot of time in their room. Another great aspect is the garden out the back, it is a great place to meet people so excellent for solo travellers or dual travellers who like to socialise. I have visited this hostel previously to enquire about it and all staff I have met on both visits are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EvelynT1982
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 1 night while waiting for our flight to Bali in the morning.
It is located in the more affordable area of perth and has some decent pubs and restaurants closeby. The room was reasonabley priced though basic.
The furniture consisted of pretty much a double bed, table and fan.
We had shared toilet facilities just along the corridor from our room and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again and a reduced rate is available for longer term stays.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tam S
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

The people that stay here are quite respectful of one another, the Vietnamese housekeeping staff are very friendly but a bit clumsy , often throwing your things away by accident. The aussie bloke at front desk with the beard is a right c***. Be advised.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo