“Damn Dirty! No housekeeping at all!”

Billabong Backpackers Resort
Ranked #15 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Perth
Reviewed 28 September 2011

This worst backpacker inn that I ever stayed during my visit to Western Australia last 2 weeks. Imagine you need to change your own bed by removing the previous occupant's dirty bed sheet and blanket! and not one time but 3 times (we had some confusion with the current occupant) sigh.. so sad... The room is so messy when we walked into it. We thought we gotten the wrong room but when we checked with the reception and they insisted that we got the right room... And just gave us some clean bed sheets and asked us to changed ourselves.. We wanted to change hotel at that time but we are too tired coz we have been travelling from Albany that day. Anyway, we were stuck with that hotel for 3 nights. Just thanks God that we have 2 understanding room mate, so we can have some peaceful sleep during our nights there.
And we saw one of the occupant were so drunk until he just sleep at the corridor of the rooms- half naked. That was really depressing scene coz the management didn't do their job properly...

Room:- Extremely dirty and messy...
Toilet:- So dirty and no housekeeping to clean it..
Kitchen:- The worse I ever seen in my life. Smelly and messy
Laundry room:- Dirty and very messy.
Reception services:- Rude and not helpful..

No recommended ...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

each dorm room has its own bathroom which is so nice rather than bringing all of your things down the hall with you, it is quite clean, lots of people living in the hostel. nice social areas, the pool was closed when i was there. the other guests made it excellent! the location isn't great, long walk from tourist centre through a not great part of town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Actually stayed in April 2010

Stayed for 10 days when we first moved to perth

- Totally over priced for what you get
- Rude and the most unhelpful staff i have ever encountered
- Food and alcohol was constantly being stolen from fridged if you didn't have a padlock, even though they had video cameras installed.
- In our 4 bed dorm, there was 5, when I complained staff didn't really care

Only plus was that the pool was nice and they allowed byo so the evenings were nice and chilled. It is also just a really short walk to Northbridge where all the bars and clubs are and also some yummy asian restaurants - all of this which the staff neglected to fill us in on, we just discovered ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Really enjoyed my stay here! Don't get me wrong the plac isn't the cleanist and it is a little out dated, but the environment is a very friendly and welcoming one! The staff are always there to help and always up for a chat/laugh! The room we stayed in was a family room which was massive and really worth having if you are planning on staying there for a while! The basic rooms are small, but no smaller than some of the other hostels I have stayed in! The location is excellent as its close enough to the city to walk into but further enough away to not feel all the city hussle and bussle! There is always a bus to take you to different locations from outside the hostel! There is also a Market shop and a brilliant Chinese take away which I would really recommend!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This is a difficult review as I have spent the last 8 months travelling around the world where I have been in some fantastic hostels for a very reasonable price. I was prepared that when I came to Australia it was going to be expensive and it was. $30 for a 4 person dorm. The dorms were basic but with ensuite bathrooms. You get breakfast included in the price but other than that it's not cheap. Internet is exceptionally expensive, laundry highly priced and in the summer you don't get use of the pool so you have to ask.... what do you get for the money?

The reception staff weren't extremely accommodating and I overheard one make a snide remark behind my back as I walked away which angered me.

The location isn't brilliant for the cost, you can get a dorm room in the YHA for cheaper and it's closer to town and to Northbridge. Maybe it's because I've been spoilt in Asia with excellent accommodation and fantastic caring staff0, but I wasn't the biggest fan of this place.

It's OK for a couple of nights but don't expect anything special.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends